Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay after reading the thread on the poor Colorado snipers I thought that I would post up our rules for some feedback from you folks since this board has a large cross section of players. These are a exact word copy of another team in our area that runs some of the larger events, but we are looking to start a break away and form our on unique set to cover what we see are some of the problems that occur under their rules set.

-So first what do you see that needs to be changed?
-Second what do you think about adding a marksman, sniper, and machine gunner rule set to make those positions still playable but with a higher degree of commitment and honor involved.

The rules start on page 8 of our handbook that can be found here instead of making a huge long post.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to look these over. Once the Marksman rules are done I will post them up too since they will be the first rule set we add.

·
Registered
571 Posts
For a machine-gunner rule, they must use drum mags. Reason is that in RL, most of the LMGs/SAWs/SSWs fire too fast to feed from a standard detachable 'box' mag

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point will have to look at that. Right now they are the only ones that can use drum mags but it is not required.

·
Registered
571 Posts
And that's the thing. The dedicated support gunners rewire the drum mags to feed better and faster. Anyone can lug a gun around and put in fresh high/mid-caps when one runs, dry though only the dedicated work on their own box mags.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually Saw's and 240b's are fed from a box style 95% of the time; and the M2's are fed from a ammo canister. I'll look over the rules later tonight when I get home Sounguru

·
Registered
571 Posts
Maverick (Immortal) said:
Actually Saw's and 240b's are fed from a box style 95% of the time; and the M2's are fed from a ammo canister. I'll look over the rules later tonight when I get home Sounguru
Box magazines are the magazines used in ARs...atleast, the way NJ defines it. Drum Magazines are the big 100rd canisters.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Actually your regular 30 round sticks are called Magazines.

The box configuration magazines like on the 249, or the M60 are called Box magazines, because they look like boxes.

While the Drum magazine is what you might see on the RPK or the old Thompson Machine gun or the AA12. Those are drum magazines because of the drum like shape and the style of feeding.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ronin055 said:
Actually your regular 30 round sticks are called Magazines.

The box configuration magazines like on the 249, or the M60 are called Box magazines, because they look like boxes.

While the Drum magazine is what you might see on the RPK or the old Thompson Machine gun or the AA12. Those are drum magazines because of the drum like shape and the style of feeding.
IDK really then, I'm just going with what I've read on some gun laws that float around. Either way, most of us get the point, and this is airsoft, so technicalities aren't the most exact with us ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
May I add a rule that has gotten me banned from a site, because I quoted their own rules on safety. When employing vehicles into the game do us dirt huggers a favor, and take a page from paintballers by adding a ref with a remote kill switch to the engine; walking in front of that vehicle. That way he can walk into any tall grass and safely "run over" anyone hiding.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think a good system a field should implement is a higher level of professionalism for the sake of MILSIM. Implementing a pre-event squad & training / class system for people who wish to go to an event.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are working on something like that but aren't quite ready to go to that level. We are still a young team and are build our rep and experience up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts