Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 26, 2010

Shes my kitty, poor thing has diabetes and now this.

Update 9/4/2010

Some new pictures of my little diabetic :-*

And one of her just yawning.........It was a long day

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, thanks woogie. The sad part is that lately she has been having a rough time. Heavy breathing, and sleeps more than usual. However, today for the first time in months, she went outside and took a nap under the porch with the rabbit. Then they walked around the perimeter of our wooded area. My rabbit follows our cats everywhere, and right now she could use the friend.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
LOL.... nice

I see rabbits in my back yard and I shoot them... And I am not a cat person but I do know how a person feels about there pets. And cats always seem to get better for some reason.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha ha, I have a friend who shoots rabbits and even some ground hogs at his house. Currently he is working on getting a fox

And she is doing better, today she tried to get a chip munk. After all that, she'll sleep good tonight.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update!

Just got her back from the vet today. Turns out we have been giving her too much insulin, and now we need to cut back. She has a new diet food, and we are hoping to bring her down from 20.3 pounds to 12 pounds over the next few months.

Wish her luck. Poor thing cried the whole way to the vet :'(

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I meant over the next few months, lol. Pretty sure that a cat losing 8 pounds in a month (after weighing 20 lbs) is the equivalent to a human losing around 100 pounds (if you way 220 lbs). That wouldn't me too healthy.

And no, my cat does not like salad :) Maybe get her on the treadmill??

·
Registered
91 Posts
LOL... If you get her on the treadmill PLEASE videotape it and send us the link to youtube. I have two cats myself though so I know how you feel man. Cats always pull through though so try not to worry to much ;).

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, the ironic part is that the treadmill is in storage in our rather large storage room. She actually sleeps on it. So I guess you could say she gets on the treadmill everyday

Edit: New pictures of my baby girl!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update!

Found out she has pnemonea. She is now on two different medications plus her insulin. She is looking alot better now though, which means the meds are working. Plus, the diet food is helping.

Things are looking up :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.