Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Quick question. I currently have my bar10 shooting around the 530 fps with .30's. It has a 6.01 inner diameter EdGi barrel in it.

I currently also have a UTG 324, that I have cut the barrel down to around 4-6 inches I believe. And that is still stock as far as springs and what not is concerned.

So here is what I was wondering... What would happen if I was to put a short barrel, around 4-6 inches, in the rifle?

What you guys think? Lets hear it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You most certainly see a significant drop in power, it would get a hell of alot louder, due to the excess air developed by the cylinder capacity.

You would lose a bit of accuracy but not as much as you might think, and only at longer ranges, this, and the noise issue can be reduced by balancing the barrel and cylinder volume.

You will, if you have a crono that can do it,notice that your mid weight ammo actually becomes MORE efficient than when used in a long barrel, and your light ammo less, your heavy will increase too but not as much as the mid weights.

So long as the hop is of a descent stable type and you get everything matched right, you should still get good results, if you've ever shot a Glock 18 AEP you'll see what I mean, VSR style hop, 3" barrel.... same range as my SOCOM 16

After all a G Spec barrel is only 12" long and it still shoots to the same ranges as its longer version.

How do I know all this..... because I built this a couple of years ago.....

Based on a CA M24, had a 9" barrel IIRC, 425 fps, built it for CQB, but sold it last year, as it wasn't getting the use it deserved :(

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that is what I was thinking. Like I said I have done this to my other rifle and it is a beast for CQB. Just would love to get it a little bit smaller so I can use my new rifle and carry this with out all the weight and such.

Well .... ok .... I just did some testing with the stock barrel. That barrel is around 5 or 6 inches I believe. But from shooting in my basement she seems to be shooting really well. And very VERY accurate with the .30's that I used.

So I took it out to my back yard to do some testing. From my back steps, to the other side of my garage. I was getting some really nice groups.

So it looks like I may end up putting my buddies AK barrel in her and see what happens. May have to see how short I can go and still get the same accuracy as well as range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.