Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, newbie here. I was just wondering what scope cam would be good in this current time? I've heard about the Runcam and the Mobius so I humbly ask for advice which one I should get(which model among them too if there are many). Thanks!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
35mm cameras are identical as far as I can tell.

RunCam offers a 50mm too, while brainexploder offers a 90mm lens, so that should make different zoom levels.

Here's a guide to how all of brainexploder's actually look like, so you can see which one is better for you.
The 50mm by RunCam will set somewhere in the middle of the 35 and 90, of course.

For snipers, I think 90 will be better than 50, so I'd go with brainexploder's.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
I use a 50mm and it gives a good view of the surroundings just around the target and you can see the bb hit the target well.
50mm looks similar to looking through a scope at about 4 magnification.
Check out "1Tonne Airsoft" on youtube. (Yes I know I only have a couple of vids. I cannot be bothered editing anymore)
The 90mm will make it much closer and you will see the bb hit the target really well but since it is so magnified close to the target, the view may give less of the story that you are trying to show. You want the person watching the video to feel like he is aiming down your scope.

·
Registered
11 Posts
https://shop.runcam.com/runcam2-airsoft-version/

Runcam finally caught up to the market demand and started selling their camera with some decent lenses. The direct price is lower than the Novi/BE kits as well.

Check the difference between the 35/50mm lenses on YouTube to find the zoom that would best fit your setup.
I'm not finding any rail mounts on their website. How are they mounted? With a gopro rail?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The easiest way is probably with a Brain Exploder mount on a picatinny rail. Get some scope rings with picatinny on top or any 30mm barrel rings with picatinny like this.

Or save some $$$ and use the app the center your video and some zap straps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts