Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

Now I have the plans for how to attach...above scope, adding cross hairs in animation...blah blah blah. :p

As for the big dilemna I need to figure out how to protect her. I am not using a Go Pro, but rather a handy cam. Ordered it earlier today.

Any ideas on how to protect the lenses and body? I saw a few vids on youtube, but unfortunately am unsure of what was actually used. I believe it was some kind of plastic on the sides, but as for protecting the lense, some kind of glass.

Any thoughts fellas?

Here is a link:

My ideas were to use plexiglass, but unsure how to get everything attached.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking use some PVC pipe, just small enough to fit in camera lenses area. Was going to cut and fit some plexiglass to that.

I checked out his site but can't find anything.

Besides that, does anyone know the plastic that vavann used on the camera as a whole? He bends some kind of plastic that shapes the entire camera.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've seen a guy take toilet paper rolls (those cardboard things in the center) and somehow shape them and then paper mache over them. We took shots at it and it didn't penetrate. But, I'm not totally sure what else might have been under it. Seems like just those two things wouldn't block a BB, but thats all I know.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I would buy plexiglass and a standard UV filter (assuming the camera has threads to add a filter).
Essentially cut the plexiglass to shape and glue it to the filter on the sides. In theory it would allow for a secure attachment to the camera, allow for easy replacement if it did indeed get shot at some point, and eliminate the need for the tube unless you are worried about lens flare giving away your position.
I would use PVC on the sides of the camera aswell. The way he does it in the video is he cuts a slot out of the pvc and uses its original shape to allow for a secure attachment. Since the pvc keeps its memory fairly well he doesn't go any farther to attach the tube to the mount.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So to follow boogey's link, something like this? http://www.flashlightlens.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=ucl_lens

Thanks for the link man, real big help!

Also, flip, nice idea, I can see that working. The camera is small so a toilet paper roll cut and placed over top just might work. Might just try that out when I get it.

And gold, what kind of pvc is he using for the base of the camera? Not familiar with the various PVCs, but all I know is the one I used for my rifle wrap was hard as hell to cut, and definitely was not as flexible as the stuff vavann used in his videos. Maybe another type or something else?

And grass, by add poly carbonate, I assume that refers to a lense?

And thanks for all the help fellas, definitely making things easier on me. Its all new to me here, so forgive me for any ignorance. I also started my own little method/prototype for the base of the camera and will see how it works. Not too concerned with 100% solid protection, as the base + jute combo should be able to do the job.

Keep em coming!

·
Registered
890 Posts
To me it looks like he's using the standard pvc.

Schedule 40 pvc is rated for a lower pressure then schedule 80 pvc so I would assume he would go with that since the main difference between the two is the thickness of the pipe wall. The thinner the wall the easier it will be to work with.

So either find non pressure rated pvc or go with schedule 40 pvc. Non pressure rated pvc being the best solution in terms of manipulation.

Something similar to this.lowes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.