Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on a good scope to buy. I would like to have a scope that has an illuminated reticle option, has mil-dots, and is tough. I would also prefer it has a sun shade. I like the look of longer scopes though a short one would be fine. Just as long as the zoom can be equal to 4x I'll be happy, whether or not it is adjustable. Most of all, I need to watch pricing because I'm on a thin budget because of college ;). The scope would be mounted on a UTG L96.

Recon

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I use the 4x32 Bug buster scope from UTG. It comes with everything you mentioned above, and is fairly cheap. The only thing is that it does not have a zoom that is adjustable but it does the job. I am looking into a new scope but the bug buster is reliable, durable, stays zeroed in (does not readjust itself) and looks good.

Its right in your price range. Check out shorty usa under the optic section. For some reason, shorty's link to the scope wont work.

Link: http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/index.html?UID=1274906774-12.126.165.30&RID=1&NL=&kiosk=&new=

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that one on your loadout. Its practical but I was hoping for a slightly longer one though it does sound like a good fall back option for me. Do you know anything about the UTG 5th gen 3-9X40 scope? It's only $10 more than the bug buster and it has that longer look to it. I'm wondering if it comes with lens caps and if its well made or not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe the NC Star 3-9x 40mm would fit the rail on that L96. It's not illuminated, but it has mil-dots, and doesn't get blurry even at 9x magnification. Comes with scope mounts and lens covers. There are two versions, I would suggest getting the rubberized one for added durability. $35 from Airsoftgi.com.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use a NC star rubberized 3-9X40 IR It has a mil-dot sight and a ruby coated objective lens. I love the scope and it performs well on my Well MB05 which is the same as the utg l96 but with a different mount. In fact I like it so much it will be moving to my next project gun which will be a high quality gas rifle. In my opinion NC-star is the way to go for airsoft scopes. If you don't want the ruby coated lens leapers has some nice emerald coated scopes with pretty much the same specs. It would be $62 on opticsplanet.com. And that site is awesome if you're looking for scopes and other optics.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have played a couple of night games and having an illuminated reticle would help me actually see where my cross hairs are then. I would only ever really use the IR function at night. Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it ;).

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
On my current set up I have the IR, but have never used it since the first day I had it. The only way I see that having any use is a game later when it gets dark, it will help you see the crosshair (notice it does not give you night vision :) )

Edit: Crap, Recon already said this though. Lol, repeated for emphasis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.