Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

Long story short, my current scope is having an issue with the top dial (adjuster of high and low). It seems to be "stuck" and will not move. I can get the cap off that is used to adjust it and inside is a metal like rod that sticks up. Can't seem to get that to budge.

Any thoughts on it? I believe it might be stripped and if so, how can I go about trying to solve this dilemna? I know about scopes about as much as I know an AEG gear box, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks fellas

Fuzz

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not seeing any screws on the dial. I do see three spots where hex screws would screw in, but do not see any screws actually in there...I think that is where they go to keep the dial tight and secured after zeroed, but no hex screws were included when I received the scope.

Therefore, it has to be something else. I managed to get some rotation (or so I think) and will have to see if the dial adjusted the scope at all tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
What scope do you have?

Could just have gotten some gunk inside, and will just take a good cleaning to get working again.

You should be able to disassemble the turret and get at the mech, just make sure you don't loose anything.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a Leupold scope, not sure on the brand. I don't see how I can take apart the turret on top, as nothing seems to be able to get apart. I'll try looking at some guides.

Still going to test out tomorrow to see if the dial is working again though, since I "think" I got it moving...will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks for the help fellas.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you ever have anything go right fuzzy?
Fuzzy, are you having scope troubles again? that sucks man
Up to this point...no. But I will admit your comments made me laugh.

As for the scope dial issue, I fixed it. Not exactly sure how, I kind of just hit the dial on the top of the head and slammed it into place. I don't really recommend that but it worked. Just goes to show you...things do go right for fuzzy sometimes!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not exactly sure how, I kind of just hit the dial on the top of the head and slammed it into place. I don't really recommend that but it worked. Just goes to show you...things do go right for fuzzy sometimes!
Now you're asking for the scope to disassemble mid-game >:D

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys won't believe this, but now the same exact scope has lost its mildots/cross hairs....

Unbelieveable. Anyone know of a quality repair shop?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Call/email Leupold, They all have Lifetime warranties, >.> pretty sure you voided that, but see what they can do for ya. Sounds to me like you blew the errector tube, I could be wrong but that is one of the weakest points of any rifle scope. Sorry for such a late post, just hope I could help. Generally speaking when you are working with scope adjustment, once you feel a change in resistance, either more or less while turning the adjustment turret, that is a good time to stop :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.