Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was perusing through my closet and came across a WWII Japanese scope I inherited two years back from my great uncle. Having never looked into identifying it, I decided to see what information I could dig up. From my guess it looks like a Type 99 scope, which is a very exciting premise as such a find could greatly increase my airsofting budget.

I couldn't take a picture of the reticule, but this is the layout

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is indeed a scope that went to the model 99 rifle. I have seen some go from $300-$1200, but i'm no expert. The only reason I know the prices is because I go to auctions a lot with my grandpa. It just depends on the buyer.

·
Banned
215 Posts
The scope looks to be in great condition, the fact it has the scope case with it is a massive bonus. You have some worth quite a bit of money actually. In my opinion though, would you really want to sell a piece like that brought home from someone in your family for a toy that will most likely be broken/forgotten about/ sold in ~5> years?

If I were you, I would get my hands on a Tanaka Ariska and mount it on to the rifle. WWII sniper rifles with period correct gear and optics on them are always a hit at the field.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wonko The Sane said:
If I were you, I would get my hands on a Tanaka Ariska and mount it on to the rifle. WWII sniper rifles with period correct gear and optics on them are always a hit at the field.
Sorry wanko we all cant be super sniper's like you
But I do agree with wanko it would look really nice on a Tanaka Ariska.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wonko The Sane said:
The scope looks to be in great condition, the fact it has the scope case with it is a massive bonus. You have some worth quite a bit of money actually. In my opinion though, would you really want to sell a piece like that brought home from someone in your family for a toy that will most likely be broken/forgotten about/ sold in ~5> years?

I see where you're coming from Wonko, and if it were something from my grandfather I would certainly not consider getting rid of it (I have my deceased grandfather's pockeTwotch which I carry to school) but my great uncle I personally never met, and from stories I have heard from my father am glad to have not met.

I see a sale of this scope to be more of an optics trade, since funds acquired could definitely be used to get a POSP for my tabuk project and a scope for my 1943 Mosin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.