Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was perusing through my closet and came across a WWII Japanese scope I inherited two years back from my great uncle. Having never looked into identifying it, I decided to see what information I could dig up. From my guess it looks like a Type 99 scope, which is a very exciting premise as such a find could greatly increase my airsofting budget.

I couldn't take a picture of the reticule, but this is the layout

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is indeed a scope that went to the model 99 rifle. I have seen some go from $300-$1200, but i'm no expert. The only reason I know the prices is because I go to auctions a lot with my grandpa. It just depends on the buyer.

·
Banned
215 Posts
The scope looks to be in great condition, the fact it has the scope case with it is a massive bonus. You have some worth quite a bit of money actually. In my opinion though, would you really want to sell a piece like that brought home from someone in your family for a toy that will most likely be broken/forgotten about/ sold in ~5> years?

If I were you, I would get my hands on a Tanaka Ariska and mount it on to the rifle. WWII sniper rifles with period correct gear and optics on them are always a hit at the field.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wonko The Sane said:
If I were you, I would get my hands on a Tanaka Ariska and mount it on to the rifle. WWII sniper rifles with period correct gear and optics on them are always a hit at the field.
Sorry wanko we all cant be super sniper's like you
But I do agree with wanko it would look really nice on a Tanaka Ariska.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wonko The Sane said:
The scope looks to be in great condition, the fact it has the scope case with it is a massive bonus. You have some worth quite a bit of money actually. In my opinion though, would you really want to sell a piece like that brought home from someone in your family for a toy that will most likely be broken/forgotten about/ sold in ~5> years?

I see where you're coming from Wonko, and if it were something from my grandfather I would certainly not consider getting rid of it (I have my deceased grandfather's pockeTwotch which I carry to school) but my great uncle I personally never met, and from stories I have heard from my father am glad to have not met.

I see a sale of this scope to be more of an optics trade, since funds acquired could definitely be used to get a POSP for my tabuk project and a scope for my 1943 Mosin.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I would put it up on ebay to see what you can get for it.

That would probably be your best bet to get alot of attention brought to it. Or see if you can't find a WWII site, and post on there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.