Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a thread on another forum, where a player is zeroing in, testing and grouping his shots from a distance of 34'-5" (?) I'm not a member of that forum, so I thought I would ask my question here; at what distances do you sight and zero your scope?

34'-5" seems an odd distance, almost makes me want to sign on to that forum and inquire about the precise distance he has decided to zero in his rifle.

Is there a rule of thumb with regards to airsoft?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine is zeroed to 125'. After that I use a combination of mil-dots and Kentucky Windage. But then again, I dont have a super suped up rifle. 125' is the longest distance I can guarantee a hit to a head sized target (with the odd flyer every now and then).

·
Registered
445 Posts
34'-5" is what it says to zero your scope on for airsoft (on the manual for the leapers 3-9x50 I have ), so he probably did that for that reason.

I have mine scoped for 200' , but I just started to change that to 100" for a curtain reason

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At 34'-5" a player won't even need a scope... he can just throw a handful of bbs at his target. "Safety Kill!!"

In the past, I have zeroed my Air rifle (FT rifle) scopes to 40 yards, and most recently I have zeroed my airsoft scopes to 100'

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
100" that is nothing to zero a scope in at. ;)

I always have mine zeroed at 100'. That is my MED, and it will also help when you are getting out to the longer ranges. Well it does for me anyway.

·
Registered
445 Posts
woogie said:
100" that is nothing to zero a scope in at. ;)

I always have mine zeroed at 100'. That is my MED, and it will also help when you are getting out to the longer ranges. Well it does for me anyway.
hehe I guess I messed that one up, ::) but you get what I was saying.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I usually zero to whatever the field has for targetting practice (usually 15 metres or so) as I can't zero my scope unless I'm at the field (I live in an apartment looking out to another apartment very close by).

However by the time I get to the field, the game starts within ~20 minutes, so I don't have a chance to zero at a longer ranges (most of the time I take to wear my vest, batteries, etc etc.).

So around an average of 33m is a good zeroing distance? I'll give that a try tomorrow when I have nothing to do after getting shot

·
Registered
349 Posts
I find it best, especially with a new gun, to zero 100', 150', and lastly 200'. Because at 100' you can figure out your hop-up. You should allways correct your hop-up first so its shooting at its flatest trajectory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.