Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to make a new thread for this. While I had one alittle while back about the pdi adjustment screws, it was getting alittle long and kind of confusing for everyone to follow

Just want to know if any of you guys have had experience with anything used to keep screws in place. The screws have alittle space to move around, and causes them to adjust the hop up arms on its own. So I need a method to prevent this from happening. I tried teflon tape, but it just comes off when I tighten the screws in.

I am going to home depot soon, but would like to see what you guys have to say about this.

My question: Any substance that can be used to keep the screws in tight but still be able to readjust, loosen, or tighten the screws whenever I want, obviously just with alittle more force?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will look into that. Thats what I am looking for; something not "super" strong, just enough to hold it firmly in place. I will ask the Home depot fellows what they think as well.

Thanks Woogie

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the thread locker today. Its the blue Loctite stuff, and am ready to put it on the screws. However, one thing threw me off here. On the front of the package it says,
" removable/ 1/4"- 3/4" fasteners. "

What does this mean exactly?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I am actually more worried if it will be too much. I need to be able to adjust the screws at various times. Will this stuff allow me to do so? My hope is that its just going to take more force to adjust the screws from now on.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the help Timm, I brought this up over at MIA as well. Sounds like the wax substance Knief suggested is a good one. Either that or some silicon like Mike suggested.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update!

I did not have any wax on me, and did not feel like going to home depot, so I improvised. I was thinking about whether I had any substance similar to wax, and I thought hair gel!

Its odd, but seems to be working so far. Things are going good for me today. I did not even have to adjust the hop up screws, once I started shooting. Somehow, it was already in the right position for .28s.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Timm said:
No, it will lock up the screws. You will have to re-apply the loctite after every time you adjust the screws.
Well no and yes. If you adjust the screws the loctite will still remain the the threads forming friction. I admit that if you apply locktite, tighten the screws and let it dry the loctite forms a glue like coating in the threads and is much stronger than a "re-used loctite". Just apply it once and your good to go. You could use clear nail polish as a loctite, like the Watchmakers sometimes use. It's more weaker and good for Small screws.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the input. Clear nail polish seems like a good idea. I am hesitant to apply the blue loctite, in fear of it being too strong. Whether or not this is true, I do not know. I know others have had success with the blue loctite, but I am still alittle uneasy about it. After all, I do not need the screws to be extremely tight, as I will have to readjust them every once and awhile.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.