Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so my dad came down to visit me from Missouri (i live in Texas) and he was trying to be nice so he bought me a scope that Ive been needing for my SD700. Well i get home and try to put it on and find out that the scope he bought me doesn't fit with my weaver rail. Does anyone know what i can do to fix it? I can't take it back because the place he bought it from has a strict no returns on open box policy. Help?

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's the rings. The weaver-style rail is built to military specifications and is quickly becoming the standard for mounting scopes. However, the airgun scope industry hasn't quite caught on yet. I've NEVER seen the right kind of rail the stock rings fit, but regardless, you'll usually always have to buy different rings for the scope and gun combo.

It should tell you on the packaging what size rings you have. In any case, remove the rings and take them to the sporting goods store with you. Find a set of rings that will fit the tube on the scope (probably 30mm), and check the package for "weaver" or "M-1913" or "picatinny" compatibility.

There is a difference between the two, but as far as airsoft is concerned, they're the same.

The only differences between the Picatinny rail and the similar Weaver rail are the size of these slots and the fact that they are standardized. Weaver rails have a slot width of 0.180 in (4.572 mm), but are not necessarily consistent in the spacing of slot centers.[2] Because of this, accessories can be and are designed to fit on both Weaver rails and Picatinny rails; but most Picatinny devices will not always fit on Weaver rails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.