Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm looking for a good out of the stock rifle that is worth its money. My budget is about 550 euros. I have already informed myself in advance and got stuck with two snipers. Once at the Ssg 24 and at the ASG Modify Steyr Scout. But I'm not sure which one is better. I would be very happy if you could tell me your experiences.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,476 Posts
SSG24 is overpriced. SSG10 would be a better option. Maybe an SSG10 and get a nice stock to go with it?
To be fair,
My budget is about 550 euros.
This is enough to buy yours...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Both are functionally almost identical things, with the two rifles using the exact same bucking and magazine.

The Scout should in theory have a better air volume advantage than the SSG24, but since they are proprietary barrels where your only option is probably buy a custom made barrel and the SSG24 already could fling its BBs fine as it is, in the end there are almost no differences OOTB and no need to stress about it too much.

The Scout OOTH has absolutely no aftermarket parts (where your replacements can only come from Modify), while the SSG at least could make do with some APS-2 parts so there's that to consider as well.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
With either of the Modify rifles I'd say they're truly pre built in terms of needing upgrading, as there's really nothing to upgrade save for maybe a better barrel(their stainless ones are good and the aluminum may have gotten better).
I'd personally try an R-hop in one, and maybe piston weighting, but that's all purely DIY, no real money being spent.

The two things that separate the M24 and Scout are cost and weight, neither of which I know, but are what I'd look at if you want either of them.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Not in terms of performance really, but in terms of build quality the SSG24 and Scout beat the SSG10.
The SSG10 does weigh much less and is a lot more comfortable though, so that will probably make it better to most people.

If you want real out of the box performance then the Scout is probably the way to go, if not and you are willing to tinker and upgrade a bit, SSG10 is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts