Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i recently bought a CA M24 second hand which the owner claimed had a PDI upgrade, New barrel and i think hop up which claimed to give it 500FPS with .2s. How/Is there a way that i can say look at a part and figure out if it has been upgraded?..I don't want to say fit a new spring in a few weeks/months and it to just fall apart on me lol (Most likely going with a SP150)

So basically..Is there anyway to see if this gun does have mods added to it? And if there is no way to tell would it be safe to fit a SP150 spring in?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Open up your gun. It will be pretty easy to tell whether a part is from PDI vs stock CA. Also, if you still don't know whether its been upgraded, google, for example, PDI Barrel or PDI hop up. Did the seller mention what was actually upgraded? Most sellers of guns like these take pride in what upgrade parts are in the gun they are selling and would most likely mention the specific upgrades. As for the SP150, you should upgrade your sears or trigger box before you drop it in. the CA sears probably would hold it, but they probably wouldn't last.
You also need an intro post, forum rules.
Hope this answered your question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Alright i will have a look..These are the parts he said he added:

- Complete PDI cylinder upgrade kit, 500fps
- TN barrel (forget the make)
- Guarder hop rubber

If you can't tell already im a very nooby..Just recently got back into Airsoft :p Are those parts good? And do you have links for Sears/Trigger box? (I live in the UK in-case that effects anything, I know some US sites are a pain to use outside of US)

If you could post some links would be highly appreciated and didn't know about that rule..Where do i go to post a Intro post? :s

UPDATE: Just took the like end cap off and the bolt and the end of the cylinder looked identical to this: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHsVVBNwHdR8dQLLKhWWLrdGD3K45cZwYQ7QRVwzlvuzptFWksrQ

Is this enough information to determine if its PDI or Stock? Or do i need to dive deeper? (Cant find a CA Stock M24 Cylinder picture anywhere! :S )

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
As I am not too familiar with the CA M24, I am not sure of what the cylinder looks like. Its seems like you have the PDI version: PDI Precision Cylinder For CA M24 - Buy airsoft Accessories online from RedWolf Airsoft
PDI is maybe the best after market part manufactuer for VSR-10 snipers. You only have the cylinder kit, which just means the FPS is raised. The way to make your gun the best, I recommend upgrading your hop up. The PDI chamber is nice because you can individually adjust the left and right sides of the hop lever. As you will learn from this forum, it is the stability and consistency of the hop up that makes a good sniper, not so much the FPS. With BB weight aside, the FPS just determines how fast the BB gets to the target, in a nutshell.

PDI Chamber: PDI HOPUP Chamber TM VSR10 - Airsoft Shop, Airsoft Guns, Sniper rifles, Airsoft pistols, parts and bbs by FireSupport
(Just quickly looked up in the UK)
PDI Barrel: PDI RAVEN 6.01 Inner barrel 430mm VSR-10 - Airsoft Shop, Airsoft Guns, Sniper rifles, Airsoft pistols, parts and bbs by FireSupport

Now this is saying you want to have the best parts and drop a lot of money into it, which is why these links are all PDI. Dont forget a 90 Zero Trigger!
There is also this site that was on this forum awhile ago in the UK: ASPUK - Airsoft Sniper Parts UK

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think PDI is the only manu. that welds the seam at the back of their cylinder. Everyone else uses just pins (Could be wrong).
That being said, they are not the end all be all of performance upgrades. Their VC sets tend to fall apart quickly and some people have said their springs lose compression faster.
For what its worth, I have the standard PDI Cylinder with all Modify parts inside and it shoots amazing! I am running an RHOP right now but will be dumping it for the PDI W-Hold as I have been running this in my VFC AEG and I am getting similar ranges and nice groupings. I bit onto the RHOP bandwagon and am now seeing its not worth the effort to tune. Again my mileage will be different then others.
If you need any help with your M24 drop me a line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.