Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Check out Zulu's thread: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=681

He goes through everything you will need. One of the most important parts was do not upgrade to a heavier spring before upgrading the other important parts first. Upgrading the spring too early will only cause you problems in the future. Even though putting the heavier spring in might last alittle while, there is no guarantee that it will hold up for a long period of time. My suggestion, hold off on the spring upgrade.

The best part about the upgrading process, is that you can upgrade everything over time. I would say the most important initial upgrades would be a new hop up chamber, bucking, nubbing, and tightbore barrel. Many people prefer a soft bucking. They are sold at evike.com, and airsoftatlanta, and I believe out of stock at airsoft gi. I have had experience with this bucking, and have found poor results. I am currently trying out a guarder bucking, and kwa bucking.

Also, in Zulu's thread he covers alot. But here is alittle summary.

The zero trigger is an expensive but great durability upgrade. However, the purchase of a trigger sear and piston sear will serve you well too.

The cylinder parts are also very important. While expensive, laylax and pdi offer some great quality parts.

For the tightbore barrel, I use a prometheus and love it. The pdi hop up chamber is alittle difficult to get everything installed including the o rings, but after a little fiddling, you will get the hang of it.

Overall, I went with laylax parts and have not looked back. I would suggest since you do not have the money for every internal upgrade to look into a...
1. tightbore barrel
2. hop up chamber
3. bucking
4. nubbing

After this, as you get more money, then you can start to upgrade other parts such as the cylinder parts and trigger box.

I am going through a similar process.

Here are my current upgrades in my rifle.
pdi hop up chamber
pdi high hop up arms
kwa bucking (soft)
nubbing
pdi trigger sear
laylax cylinder head
laylax piston and accuracy cup
laylax spring guide
prometheus tightbore barrel
barrel spacers x3

If you need any more details or for me to clear up a few things, let me know, I am glad to help. ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.