Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i was just wondering if anyone knew any good semi auto snipers/dmr, i like the look of the ssx303 but i dont like how its just a pistol with a barrel and stock and i like the look of the srs a2 but im looking for a semi auto, any suggestions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
In Airsoft snipers are classified as bolt action only.

Anything semi automatic is a dmr which normally have lower power than a base but higher than full auto AEG. (Check with your fields for limits)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe get a vsr10 and put a wolverine bolt in it. Then you can make a straight bolt pull mod which makes firing very quick. The firing is semi auto, you just have to pull the bolt back to reload. The bolt pull is very easy and quick because theres no spring. You can message @BlindSniper if you have questions. He is an expert on this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe get a vsr10 and put a wolverine bolt in it. Then you can make a straight bolt pull mod which makes firing very quick. The firing is semi auto, you just have to pull the bolt back to reload. The bolt pull is very easy and quick because theres no spring. You can message @BlindSniper if you have questions. He is an expert on this.
its not semi auto, but almost. and you can fire multiple shots without taking your eyes off your optic/target

·
Registered
775 Posts
Honestly I would get a wolverine MTW. Expensive but great performance, good to go out of the box, you can play around with the mtw builder on their website. If you want to build your own I’d suggest an sr25, but that’s my personal preference on looks plus a decent parts market for upgrades. The wolverine bolt is my favorite for bolt action, but even with the straight pull it’s not true semi auto, and you have a larger engagement distance. The srs is a great platform though, shall you choose to do bolty.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I would recommend getting a G&G plastic M4 with a cool looking handguard, and then get a Polarstar Kythera and a nice barrel and bucking.
This willl result in a very quiet and somewhat lightweight gun, and since you seem to be in Ireland with a 1J limit there isn't really a rulebook of power classes, making snipers and DMRs pointless.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I still have a thing for the G&G EBR’s but sadly, like and idiot…I sold mine. Anything with a decent long barrel and a little weight can be made into what you’re looking for.

Tonight’s the maiden voyage of my M16 ‘Combat Machine’! Made of recycled bits and pieces it’ll still fling a .30 well into the beyond and has a whole host of little tricks.

Typically the only difference between an ordinary AEG and a DMR is fps limits and the lack of full auto fire, but truth be told, you can reach stupidly far with a well tuned AEG so there really isn’t much to be gained with the DMR.

In this part of the world, there is no DMR fps class so there’s no point really…so we just have a huge gap between AEG’s and snipers.

So find a platform you’re comfortable with and run with it! I do love the ergonomics and lack of weight of the M16 compared to the EBR, and it’s dead simple to build and fix…also loads of battery room in the stock…so, maybe that’s a win.😌

·
Registered
759 Posts
In Airsoft snipers are classified as bolt action only.

Anything semi automatic is a dmr which normally have lower power than a base but higher than full auto AEG. (Check with your fields for limits)
The splicing of terms here is pretty pointless. OP knows this, as does everyone reading the post, and it's not relevant to the topic anyways. Real steel snipers still use semi automatic platforms often.

The SSX303 is pretty cool, but you will need to consider the low mag capacity and stupid hard trigger pull. Other than that, not a whole lot needs to be done to it. Novi did make it into its own platform, unlike mk23 carbine kits, which should mean it's a little more sturdy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The splicing of terms here is pretty pointless. OP knows this, as does everyone reading the post, and it's not relevant to the topic anyways. Real steel snipers still use semi automatic platforms often.

The SSX303 is pretty cool, but you will need to consider the low mag capacity and stupid hard trigger pull. Other than that, not a whole lot needs to be done to it. Novi did make it into its own platform, unlike mk23 carbine kits, which should mean it's a little more sturdy.
You say everyone knows this yet OP asked specifically for a a "semi auto sniper" and has a post count of 4 so we can't expect them to know everything especially since after lockdown s a lot of new players are trying the sport after seeing videos online.

We can't assume everyone has the same knowledge base of Airsoft as everyone else for this reason.

Also noticed op is from Ireland so wouldn't suggest ssx303 as odds are it would be over fps limits I think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You say everyone knows this yet OP asked specifically for a a "semi auto sniper" and has a post count of 4 so we can't expect them to know everything especially since after lockdown s a lot of new players are trying the sport after seeing videos online.

We can't assume everyone has the same knowledge base of Airsoft as everyone else for this reason.

Also noticed op is from Ireland so wouldn't suggest ssx303 as odds are it would be over fps limits I think.
Being honest i didn't know about the different categories of gun having different fps limits as i an new to airsoft , where i am its 1 joule for everything so i was saying "Semi-auto Sniper" more for the design rather than the fps and all, good to know about the limits now if i go abroad to play.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts