Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clearly this is a sniper and DM forum, but I know that many of us have implemented a greenside/recce setup of some kind. I want to see that gear! Pictures of course being the focus, but discussion on setup reasoning is encouraged. The recce mentality of course being very similar to a sniper mentality. And that of course doesn't mean a sniper kit can't be greenside/recce in nature as well. So this is a pretty open thread.

I'll get use started with mine. Though I normally play as a DM using my SVD platform (seen in the DMR thread), I'll be shifting to rifleman this year using an AK700 platform. As such, I've recently picked up a 1961g seen below. (Note that the hydro tube has since been routed through the elastic retention on that shoulder strap.)

Things I love about this rig include:
-Fixed pouch placement, but seemingly endless ways to set it up.
-Minimal, yet somehow an amazing ammount of space for things.
-Split zip front for easy doffing and comfort in the prone. (Leaving it open lower profile and easy mag access to the sides.)
-QD buckles for small packs.
-Designed to be worn over armor if you want to run something like a chicken PC.
-Radio pouches that can double as a sidearm holster or extra mag storage.
-4 large admin pouches.
-Flaps that can be used or tucked in for flawless mag retention, or easy access with just the right amount of friction.
-Tons of routing options on the straps for comms cables and hydro tubes.
-Great adjustability and comfort, even when loaded down.

Shot of the rifle in case anyone is interested.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm very interested to hear more about the pouches on the back, and how they're mounted if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Looks great though!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
For me, I have two recon kits, one that is kit I wear for my team, which is a variation of my Seal kit, the other, my older ALICE kit.

Both of the pics are kinda old at this point with some stuff being replaced.

The team kit focuses around the UW chest rig. The idea behind this kit is to be as nimble as possible. In the pic Im using a 3-day pack but nowadays I use a MAP pack instead.
Part of that kit is the MK18. The magnifier allows for a decent view of mid ranges while the short rifle makes getting in and out of vehicles easier.

/
The ALICE kit is more traditional. I usually wear this kit when I have to carry more as the belt order carries more than the modern kit. Again this pic is kinda old as now I use an M16/M203 and sometimes change between an E-LBV and M56 suspenders for loadbearing.

For both kits I usually wear wither a Boonie hat or Watch hat. I also have the ghillie suit that can be worn over them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Give me a few weeks and I'll have a nice one to put up ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ll get some pics soon, I have the LBX variant of the 1961 chest rig I’m working on with my SCAR-H for RECCE/recon/general sneaky work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts