Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not done upgrading my gun as of yet.
Currently I have in my gun.
Pdi hop up chamber
W hold bucking
Madbull 450mm 6.03
Many DIY mods
Upgraded piston and piston guide.
It fires washed .25 and .3g bbs.

I plan to get over the next while
Raven cylinder with cylinder head (black)
Pdi hard or vacuum piston.
High arms for hop up

Oh and I broke my scope so as soon as I get some money I will buy a new one. (50mm green and red illuminated mil-dot scope. With scope extender and high scope mounts)

I also plan on getting a new well l96 with the fluted barrel so I can put that on and have the rest of the gun for much needed parts such as the trigger, screws and some springs etc.

The cylinder, piston, another spring, high hop arms, another rubber, and shipping will cost me 130 euro. While the new gun will cost me 150 euro shipped with twofree mags aswell. So what do oyu think?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
High arms are a great call. They can really do some wonders in term of hop up adjustments (when my chamber actually adjusted..) I would also add a PDI repair kit to the list, as having some spare parts for the hop up chamber never hurt either. Although, this is not necessary, but is something to look into and consider.

I wouldn't buy the new rifle. If that is $150, you might as well scratch that, and purchase a zero trigger. That would be money better well spent, at least in my opinion.

Also, .25g bbs? Seems a little light doesn't it? How does it perform with those?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuzzywolly said:
High arms are a great call. They can really do some wonders in term of hop up adjustments (when my chamber actually adjusted..) I would also add a PDI repair kit to the list, as having some spare parts for the hop up chamber never hurt either. Although, this is not necessary, but is something to look into and consider.

I wouldn't buy the new rifle. If that is $150, you might as well scratch that, and purchase a zero trigger. That would be money better well spent, at least in my opinion.

Also, .25g bbs? Seems a little light doesn't it? How does it perform with those?
Remember fuzzy I cant go over one joule so between .25 and .30g are perfect. Also I dont need a zero trigger because of this. The new gun is really for the fluted outer barrel, trigger, three free mags, and screws pins etc. It is a worthwhile investment. I already have a pdi op up repair kit too ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nah, I'd also say to ditch the new gun. Get the raven cylinder kit(comes with piston), or a palsonite/other cylinder kit, that also comes with a piston. Then get a new bucking, just in case, and then get a v-trigger for use with the PDI stuff. It will never break, and cut springs actually do put stress on the sears, unlike a normal 1J spring. Between a fluted barrel, mags (which are gonna be cheap/bad quality) and screws (which you can buy at a hardware store/online for pennies... I'd say get the V-trigger, or possibly just finish with this gun, and start on your next project!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awagg said:
Nah, I'd also say to ditch the new gun. Get the raven cylinder kit(comes with piston), or a palsonite/other cylinder kit, that also comes with a piston. Then get a new bucking, just in case, and then get a v-trigger for use with the PDI stuff. It will never break, and cut springs actually do put stress on the sears, unlike a normal 1J spring. Between a fluted barrel, mags (which are gonna be cheap/bad quality) and screws (which you can buy at a hardware store/online for pennies... I'd say get the V-trigger, or possibly just finish with this gun, and start on your next project!
Trust me I said in my cut spring guide that cut springs still put stress on the trigger. I will probably get then new gun and then the V-trigger. (I really want the fluted barrel, mag catch, receiver and bolt handle with pins.) As well my local hardware shops are useless. they definitely don't the screws.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm with you grass, I was in the middle of the decision of getting a Zero Trigger or this metal trigger I found on some small California airsoft website for 30$, and I went with the $30 one of course. And as soon as I got it I found out that it was fully and completely metal internal and external and I was so happy because I thought just the internals were going to be metal...

So all in all, I saved a hefty amount of cabbage

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MY trigger is durable and if I get another gun I can use the other one. The cut springs still put more stress on a trigger then a one joule one but considerably less then they originally did. I did kinda make a mistake though.

Also I don't think the mags are bad quality. I have had the same two since I got the gun two and a half years ago and they have lasted and are still in good condition. I might keep one and sell the other two. Make $30 towards other upgrades. (In Ireland they go for at least $17 so I might actually make more.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.