Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm sure we have all seen them bolt action rifles with short barrels. I was curious on your opinions on the accuracy and range difference if I was to take 3-4 inches off my barrel. I have many inner barrels to choose from so I shouldnt have to chop an inner barrel. Will the range and accuracy differ that much to actually worry about? I use 36's and 40's and right now I dont know my new fps since I just cut my spring about 4-5 coils off from a 500fps spring. I do also plan to get an R hop for my m28

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
Woogie loves them... He also makes some of these, IIRC he said there's no accuracy loss or anything else, drop him a PM.
He's kinda busy I believe with his newly born child (I guess)!
He's a great guy and he'll talk you through.

Wolf

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I use a scout length VSR (gspec minus suppressor) that has a 310mm barrel in it. It is capable of 500+fps with a .2, and I use .4s in it.

There is no loss in accuracy or range compared to her longer sister either :tup:

What you do have to get just right is the balance between cylinder volume and barrel volume, or else you will struggle to get up to the desired amount of power you require :yup:

As you've cut the spring already you might find that you need to fit some spring pre load spacers to restore fps aswell

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What you do have to get just right is the balance between cylinder volume and barrel volume, or else you will struggle to get up to the desired amount of power you require
This is why the Bore-up cylinder set from PDI is supposed to be used with the 554mm inner barrel.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah,I am just going to get a weak new spring since the cutting of the spring didnt help me out like I needed and still blew out my super duper rare piston,lol.. I was so afraid and knew it was going to happen but oh well.. I am considering my options right now. Sell my beloved G36 to get a new piston and spring for the m28, or trade my 36 for another rifle all together and leave the M28 as a wallhanger till I get the funds for later.. I cant decide! I do know one thing, I cannot do this not having a bolt action thing! So as of right now I just dont know what to do, I have a game between my team and another sorta local team next weekend and I wanted to play but I wanted to snipe. Now I am stuck with an Aeg!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I wanted to play but I wanted to snipe. Now I am stuck with an Aeg!
Can still be done!! theres a guy I know over here that has been snipeing for the last 5 years using a ghillied and silenced G36 running at 300 fps, his field craft is spot on though, not suprised really as his best mate is an Ex Royal Marine Sniper :bow:

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Yup :D

I LOVE BUILDING THESE RIFLES !!! I have been really wanting to make a blaser short barreled rifle as of late.

From my testing and messing around in my area, I have really seen no accuracy change when you are looking at the barrel lengths. I have done it more than a few times and always see the same thing.

I have had barrels from 600 mm on down to 200 mm, and for what they were used for the shorter barrels were better in my eyes, and testings. I am more than willing to help you out, and get something made for you if you would like. Just hit me up with a PM and we can work something out.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
As long as you get the right cylinder to barrel volume ratio, the shorter barrels are just as accurate. I like the longer barrel just because It feels a bit more natural with a longer rifle (stupid reason I know) even though the shorter barrels are easier to move around and handle. The longer barrels might get you a little more fps but that only means the bb gets there faster.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup :D

I LOVE BUILDING THESE RIFLES !!! I have been really wanting to make a blaser short barreled rifle as of late.

From my testing and messing around in my area, I have really seen no accuracy change when you are looking at the barrel lengths. I have done it more than a few times and always see the same thing.

I have had barrels from 600 mm on down to 200 mm, and for what they were used for the shorter barrels were better in my eyes, and testings. I am more than willing to help you out, and get something made for you if you would like. Just hit me up with a PM and we can work something out.
I usually do all the stuff myself. I have nothing to do all day,lol.. This rifle is on hold till I figure something out with $$ to replace my piston and spring.
Thanks for the replies guys. I didnt think it would be too terrible, didnt figure it would be really no change, thats good news,lol.. I saw a pic online somewhere of a sniper rifle called "assassin" it was some gas bolt action cut short as heck and looked damn nice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.