Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The result of an over active imagination and not being allowed to play in the short term resulted in me wanting some 10 roundalike mags for my M14. with a bit of work with a hack saw and a dremel this is the result

It holds 140 rounds, pretty much exactly
, and works like a dream. It is slightly longer than a 10 round, i estimate about 15, but due to the limitations of the winding mechanisum this is the smallest it can be
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

BUT, there are plans afoot to see if a 20 round M16 mag mechanisum is any smaller and can be utilised, only time will tell as the mag I plan to use is still in someones gun right now ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that chap, my mates got similar issues with his short FAL at the mo :( but that is with his standard mags.

I have had a chance to look inside the M16 mag now and the mechanism is the same height as an M14 mag, :( so 'no go' on that idea
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/> The search for a mech that is shorter will continue, but i dought that many will be.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
LOL xD And that was a cheering, accepting and warm laughter
Great work, Grade A stuff! xD I tried to do a VSR-10 stock that uses CA hi-cap M14 mags that are located in the front of the trigger, like where they should be. But it didn't eventually work out so I sent that project into the oblivion... :'(

The bb's went to the correct place and there was even the required pressure to push em up into that little whole in the barrel (Sure has a better english name but I don't know any atm.
) but the weapon just will not shoot that damn little ball...
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
red are you talking to me or vindicare? =D I mean an MP5 mag in a VSR... eeew? xD

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Humm, the winding mech is not that big on 'em is it, so long as its not very tall. Worth lookin into. I'll see if any of the team has a spare i can strip apart to see how big it is and report back ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know you can get a decent metal high cap on airsplat.com for 10 bucks + shipping. If you wanted to make it even more effective you could slap the winding whell all teh way to one side in teh mag and have it feed in teh side instead of teh top. Of course the bottom would need a sloped channel to funnel the bb's into the right spot. Just a thought I had. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys, I know this topic is dead for more than a year, but I found this information from people who were converting M14 to M1 look for WWII airsoft. They used UTG shotgun short mag and trim it to fit, but without trimming it should fit inside metal M14 magazine. So I'm planning to cut metal M14 mag, remove winding mechanism and install UTG short shotgun clip. It holds about 20bbs and cost $9.00

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You star....the winder on mine packed up about 2 months ago and I just cant be arsed to go cutting up another mag, this could well be the way forward, like you suggest, stuffed into the shell of my old short mag (nice advantage was the old 1 used to hold 140 shots, enough for nearly all day, down side, the bloody rattle after the first dozen shots :-/) and is going to look mint in my EBR

·
Registered
292 Posts
Great job!
If you are interested in making a mid-cap or standard you could use Plexiglas, a spring and a mag follower. You need a way to cut but a band saw, scroll saw, jig saw or a savvy hand w/ a drimel could do it. 1/4" plexi is 6.35mm wide slap two pieced to either side and make it fit. If you want plexi thinner you may have to hunt down a plainer but you could also cut thin pieces of brass or copper to decrease you BB track. You can find the metal in RC hobby shops and the plexi at a hardware store. I love dremils but they tend to be unwieldy, one of the saws mentioned above would really make for smooth curves.

Good luck with your hi-caps!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.