Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm thinking about "building" a 350FPS bolt action on the cheap and stumbled upon this one:

It says it's upgraded but Gunfire has failed to detail which upgrades it has, although I believe it's just the piston, spring guide and spring with the stock 90º trigger, if you had some more info, it would be great.

Now, my plan is to leave it as stock as possible changing only the bucking for a ML autobot, 6.03 wide 300mm long TBB a 340/350 spring and use 0.30gs. Would this be a reliable good performance build? Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
It seems to be a VSR copy by Snow Wolf. Now as long as it is a VSR copy, i think you need no worry about reliability and performance as long as you correctly tune it, and your plan sounds like a good one. And if you don't mind, i would suggest to put ML Crazy Jet 303mm barrel (6,04 inner diameter)

About your goal of 350fps sniper, personally i would choose Striker AS02 since it doesn't have any problem achieveing that, and it's more compact. Bonus point for its correct mag placement.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems to be a VSR copy by Snow Wolf. Now as long as it is a VSR copy, i think you need no worry about reliability and performance as long as you correctly tune it, and your plan sounds like a good one. And if you don't mind, i would suggest to put ML Crazy Jet 303mm barrel (6,04 inner diameter)

About your goal of 350fps sniper, personally i would choose Striker AS02 since it doesn't have any problem achieveing that, and it's more compact. Bonus point for its correct mag placement.
That's another possibility, but this one is much cheaper and I already have some mags. Not sure how the striker would fare air volume wise since the cilinder is so small

·
Registered
31 Posts
Striker indeed has little air volume, but it isn't that little. Even without any prior knowledge of its cylinder measurement, just think about it. It uses AEG springs, which in turns the piston and cylinder diameter should be at least similar to an AEG. And any AEG don't have any problem reaching 400 fps as long as it uses full cylinder, which Striker basically has. Granted that this is a very rough measurement but you get the idea.

Anyway, as Silicon mentioned, AA T11 would also be great for you. It packs quite an upgrade for a standard config at that price range, and of course definitely won't have any problem running in your desired spec for even a long run.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
For my stuff, instead of having a bunch of sawed off snipers, weird pistols, shotguns, LMGs, cowboy stuff, and duplicate guns, I've got a really nice sniper I made, a really nice M4 DMR, and a pretty good SSX23, with the appropriate accessories and gear for each one.
On the other hand, I could own all the afore mentioned guns and have none of them be any good as I'd be spread too thin, and I couldn't upgrade them all in a reasonable amount of time.

What I'm saying, is that $100 here and $100 there really adds up, especially for something dumb like a weak sniper with low potential, when you should probably be buying more BBs, more trips to the field, or parts for preexisting guns that you rely on more.

If you're actually serious about using and keeping the gun, then a T11 will save you money down the road, and if you plan to sell the gun, a T11 will hold better resale value as nobody really wants a sniper that isn't compatible with much and has difficult to source mags.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I second what SiliconeSword says.
Nowadays with options like Action Army’s T11 coming with many pre upgraded parts to allow for better longevity without (hopefully) failure, it’s a no brainer for me!
that’s why I’ve got one after all!

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
142 Posts
What are you trying to go for here? There are $80 USD guns that - out of the box - will shoot great up to 450FPS without requiring any upgrades. Downpowering isn't very difficult at all. Are you wanting to hardcore joule creep with your .2g bb limit being 350? Or do you just want to/have to handicap yourself?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are you trying to go for here? There are $80 USD guns that - out of the box - will shoot great up to 450FPS without requiring any upgrades. Downpowering isn't very difficult at all. Are you wanting to hardcore joule creep with your .2g bb limit being 350? Or do you just want to/have to handicap yourself?
It's a gun for fun and handicap myself. I already have a "proper" 550FPS sniper which I rarelly have the chance to use since there are few slots to the role in most of my fields. Thing is I like the bolt play style and wanted a cheap way to have fun, budget is low at the moment

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I respect that mate.
Problem is, you buy a cheap gun, it’s likely not going to last that long, even with stock parts.
Whether it’s due to a plastic trigger that from constant impacts and shocks, shatters to pieces, literally disintegrating when you take the stock off (happened with a Well MB01 I was gifted).

This is why I recommended the AAC T11.
It has roughly the FPS you want and great stability/performance out the box.

But I also appreciate budget.
But one big suggestion, spend a little more now so you don’t waste your money or end up having to spend more later.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know the "spend a little more" mindset, but I have been around enough to know that it doesn't always aply, mostly in BASRs. The upgraded version uses metal spring guide and piston, and probably a 90º trigger group, but I haven't been able to confirm that beyond the fact that snow wolf sells a 90º spare trigger group

Thanks for your input =D

·
Registered
388 Posts
The AS02 has, at best, a volume ratio of 2.9 something to 1 (stock cylinder, stock barrel) which is fine for 0.3s..
The newer ones seem to have sorted a couple of the issues mine had, namely the cylinder is now one piece and the cocking indicator is a tad less shit. Everything else stayed the same but that's not a huge deal.
New hop rubber, hop arm and piston (I really don't like the stock Ares one) and if you don't care about sound I say you're good to go.

If being quiet is a concern, then you're better off with a VSR, in this case the T-11 gets my vote, I have one and it really doesn't take much to make it perform!

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I know the "spend a little more" mindset, but I have been around enough to know that it doesn't always aply, mostly in BASRs. The upgraded version uses metal spring guide and piston, and probably a 90º trigger group, but I haven't been able to confirm that beyond the fact that snow wolf sells a 90º spare trigger group

Thanks for your input =D
Absolutely pal. Can’t disagree with your mindset and your point on BASRs as a generality.
At least you’ll know with a T11 or other well know decent VSR clone there’ll be parts a plenty if needed 👍
And what Skara said is very true too, don’t want to give away your position every shot!
All the best with your search mate.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Thanks for your input =D
Buy an ASG M40A3 or a clone, it'll suit your needs perfectly. Stock it'll shoot 450FPS until it settles down to about 400, but you can easily downgrade the springs to your need. As far as accuracy goes the only issue would be the stock hop up unit needs shimming or you might get a bit of hook, but given you are shooting 350 FPS I doubt you'll care much.

Me and my brother both had UTG M324s for nearly a decade, and those guns were $80 way back then. Only reason mine died is because 1) pot metal sear housing and 2) sear housing was designed way too thin in the area in which it broke. Otherwise, I had no issues with a gun that shot about 500FPS its entire life. The ASG M40/BBtac M62 have plenty of users with several years on their rifles shooting at much higher FPS than you'll be using.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I really like the well sr-2 mb06/ echo1 ASR for lower power budget builds. 90deg triggers (albeit plastic and pot metal) hold up a long time with 450fps (1.9j) and under. After a good clean and lube, they shoot quality heavy bbs really well and quiet. Nice light and compact. The worse negative for me is the mag capacity is not great but okay.

Edit:
Also don't care for the AA style thru-the-magwell hop adjustment but that can be easily remedied with a TDC mod.

·
Registered
52 Posts
this is a about a version of SW-10 more exactly SW-10KT (shorter barrel with suppressor)
and a video with disassembly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts