Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I sling my vsr, it needs to be the tightest to my body possible or the barrel eats dirt. Anyone have ideas to shorten the entire platform? I'm running a 500mm outer barrel with a 330mm inner barrel and internal suppression and don't want to change that.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Move the sling points.
I don't run a sling as they're annoying, but I have noticed the a sling mount of the very end of the foregrip and somewhere between the scope rail and butt plate is about ideal.
I imagine that you could just drill a new hole in a different area and screw that screw thing in with the help of some heat and you would be in pretty good shape.
You could also shorten your outer barrel by 50-100mm as that last 50-100mm isn't making a huge difference in sound as the volume is smaller than lower down.

You could also shorten the stock, but that's somewhat difficult to make look okay, and it's less effective than barrel shortening or different sling points

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I truly don't care if it looks weird as long as I can camo it. My last resort was to cut the entire stock behind the receiver and put a deadbolt door lock on it to make a folding stock

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My stock sling broke, so I got a binder sling since that's what I had (those thick fabric binders you'd find at walmart or target that people use at schools).

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'd recommend trying a V-Tac sling. It has a cam buckle system that allows you to quickly cinch it up tight to your body for movements, then release/loosen it to shoulder the gun without have to unsling the rifle from you. And they aren't terribly expensive.

·
Registered
617 Posts
A door hinge folding style would be super ghetto. But I do chop shop stuff all the time. Here is a folding stock that I made from a real steel shotgun stock.
99C5A807-4C1C-468E-AA8C-6693D75EE90B.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts