Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've tried it. They work okay, but you're lacking range, rof, and most importantly, they kinda stick out and are cumbersome to haul around.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Shotgun is good for non sniper loadout. My big Bro has a DE tri shot one. Its nice. Good spread and all. I would balance a shotgun loadout with a smg though, for range. Or a reliable pistol.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
40 Posts
Shotguns would make good sidearms, but if you are a sniper (this is a sniper forum), it would not be wise to have a single shot gun as a primary AND a secondary.

Sniper rifles are big enough, often weighing in over 8 lbs. The last thing you need is another large piece of equipment to haul around. And sawing the end off would just make it ineffective. You might as well buy a springer pistol if you are going to cut the barrel off of your shotgun.

There are plenty of cheap nbb pistols out there that can easily be suppressed and can easily overpower any shotgun if you know how to use it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
^^I agree. I do love some of the shotguns though, which have some great range if you use the right ammo, but I'd only carry one if my other weapon was fully automatic. They are too bulky for me also; where would you carry it comfortably?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would say not a good idea. Shotguns are disadvantaged in out-of-door play. They are a pain in the ass to cock when prone, they have a poor re-fire for shooting through foliage and they tend to be dodge-able.

The only advantage I know for them is they are very light and a single-shotter can be dead-on accurate, so they are nice for runners, support players and medicals and such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.