Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people have pistols as side arms..... but what about shot guns? How many of you use them?

A buddy of mine had a single barrel version, that he wasn't using, and gave it to me. And to my surprise it shoots very straight and extremely accurate! That and the fact that it has a hop up inside, makes it really fun to shoot! I was shooting .28 ammo with it and getting some really sick rang out of her.

Needles to say I have been playing with it around my house, and of course it hit my work bench down stairs. Well some tools got involved, and she doesn't look quite the same anymore.

Will get some pics up when I am done with mine. But in the mean time, lets see what you guys rock for every game shot guns.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
You guys might remember her. ;)

Never really thought about using the shotty as a backup to my rifle. Seems too cumbersome to hang onto while using my primary. However, if I were to be a part of a large OP, I would bring it along. Plenty of ammo that is easy to carry, and the shotty could be held in a scabbard, only to be used in CQB places, such as clearing a building.

However, in a regular game, where I am using my boltie, I would not carry the shotty along. But don't get me wrong, I love using my shotty. I even play a few games with just that and my sidearm, and plan to do that a lot over the summer at the field.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is down in my basement drying right now....... Have some epoxy on her right now, and possibly some Bondo here tomorrow or so.

Will get pics up as soon as she is finished.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am already calling her my "junk yard dog" LOL

Should be fairly cool to be honest. And for a $25 shot gun, it is honestly a great buy! Now I just need to find all of my shells and go out and have a blast!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I am going to open her up and try and put a better piston inside of her, as well as a different barrel and bucking ;)

I am going to turn this thing into a sniper shotgun
Well that is if I can get the thing back together after I take her apart....

·
Registered
909 Posts
I took a broken one apart before and I couldn't get it back together. It was a Crosman tri-burst though, so that may have been a factor. I don't even think it had a hop-up. The thing was filthy on the inside and 2 of the 3 pistons were broken.

What brand is it? I've had great times with the kind that shoot one bb at a time. I've used it in a pistols and shotguns only game and pretty much used it like a sniper rifle. I was using .30g and they were flying very straight. It was a pretty good time.

Good luck with your mods!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I used one for the longest time. Until I got my R700, Then it pretty much just laid there untouched for a month or two. I was painting my friends Javier's rifle then I painted my shotgun too. Looked like crap though.

It was a DE M58a, the full stock version. It could hit a target accurately to about 100 feet even. Single shot has less fire power then the Multi-shot ones and it is less realistic. But it is more reasonable, has more ammo and easier to work with. At least in my opinion.

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am actualy thinking now about using the inners of these shotguns as the basis of a custom sniper build to be honest. These work the way I have been tring to figure out. So just move the slide, up to the bolt itself, and it should be good

Well here are some pics of the externals....still trying to figure if I want to rip her open and see if I can't make her a beast.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Woogie, I had forgotten about this thread!

Good luck opening her up. I am taking apart an old one right now, and good golly, this thing is not meant to be opened.

I dig your rifle with the suppressor, I am planning on taking this crappy shotty I found, which was broken in half, and making it into something special. Will post pics soon.

EDIT: Managed to get the shotty apart, clean it, etc. but its like heart surgery trying to put it back together. :-/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.