Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an airsoft op today, and I have one really annoying issue with my rifle. The scope is tightened down, the outer barrel is tightened to the stock, and the rail is tightened to the receiver. And yet my shots, when they are straight, are still offset to the left of my scope reticle quite a ways. No adjustment to the scope will fix this. Any help?

·
Registered
775 Posts
So the rifle may physically shoot straight but it’s off in the scope? Are you saying you can max out the reticule adjustment and it doesn’t get close to the bbs path? If that’s the case maybe try and source another scope to slap on as process of elimination.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's the case. On one extreme of the reticle adjustment, the bb is straight but heavily offsetted. On the other extreme, the bb will still be off a bit, but will curve until it's a little more in line with the scope

·
Registered
775 Posts
If you watch the bb outside of the scope, and the trajectory appears decent, I would try another scope for sure. Might not have enough adjustment. Curious as to what others say though because there could be other issues!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, maybe I'll go and pick up another scope today beforehand.

I should add, it has worked fine in the past.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I opened up my gun and did some work on it, and it has been different since then. Don't get me wrong, shots are straight, they're just not lined up. I did need to replace a body screw connecting the upper to the stock, but that shouldn't have changed anything. Everything is solid.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Is it possible your scope is broke? what brand is it? is it real steel or cheap airsoft ones?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a cheap CVLife scope off Amazon. I dont like the clarity anyways, so I figure I'll maybe pick up a Bushnell or vortex on the way to my game and test that out.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Your outer barrel may be off center or bent, or your inner barrel may not be centered due to that being bent, or your outer barrel has uneven wall thickness or the hole is off center, something I recall hearing about with a Snow Wolf something or other but I bet it applies to this.
Your scope rail may not be straight either, but this is an easy fix since you could probably just put a thin piece of cardboard under one end so it tilts in the right direction.
This should be more than solid as long as you are using more than 2 screws.

I did have a similar issue with my VSR last year before I made a one piece receiver, but I fixed it by just shimming my barrel to make it curve right and that solved things.

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have some money to spend, so I'll probably pick up something along those lines in Cabela's since I'll be in the area.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The only reason I lean on vortex for airsoft is the no questions asked warranty

(I still use lens covers, but I know if it ever fails, my scope investment is intact)

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you are looking for a scope with long eye relief? I shoot with both eyes open, helps to scan field quickly.

As for scope, have you tried different scope mounts? Had a cheap clive scope with same issue as you, change to higher end mounts, problem was corrected.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts