Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I have purchased an UTG L96 a while back and have been using it very effectively (i suppose) for someone who has just started playing airsoft. But, as my "stalking" skills improved, I found myself getting in situations when using my primary would have just been overkill and not allowed at all.

I realized I needed a proper sidearm but here's the catch: as a student I don't have much money to spend on anything, much less spending around 150eur on a gas pistol and having to add the costs of mantainance, gas and other consumables.

To get to the point: I was wondering what were your thoughts on spring pistols and if there are any other (effective) sidearms that would be cheap to purchase and mantain.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I completely understand you. I too found myself with only my mk96, and with the enemy five feet away. I did not want to shoot him with it, and intended to bang kill him, but I got lit up instead.

And going with a spring pistol is not a horrible option. Cheap mags, shoots extremely quiet (compared to gas pistol) and can be used in close combat, and is very affective in colder weather. While it will not be extremely effective in a firefight, you will still be able to get some kills with it, when the enemy is close but does not know where you are.

I do not have experience with many spring pistols, but just wanted to let you know that going with one in your situation is a good idea.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I would recomend a non-blowback pistol. They are 1/3 the price or a normal gbb, it is what my more non-serious friends got so they could still compete when they wanted to play. As you may have realized already, as a sniper, you don't use your pistol that much, and if you are using it, you're basically seeing how many you can take with you. So BB consumption is low, I've been working on a 2000 bag of. 2s for a few years now. Non-blowbacks are better on gas consumption and shoot around 310 usually. The only down side is they wont take a huge beating compared to a high end Gbb

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you want a non-blow back pistol that shoots pretty hard (around 400 fps according to AirsoftGi) for $60, just look at Airsoftgi.com and its a KJW pistol. should be the only one there for $60 lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Donohoe said:
If you want a non-blow back pistol that shoots pretty hard (around 400 fps according to AirsoftGi) for $60, just look at Airsoftgi.com and its a KJW pistol. should be the only one there for $60 lol.
Do you have any direct expirence with this gun? Because this was my first green gas pistol, and it was a POS. Mags leaked, it kept falling apart (pins would fall out and not fit tightly), it was incredibly innefficient, the fps was way to high (in excess of 470), and it accuracy was so bad it was literally impossible to hit somthing more than 40 feet out. Which was still inside engagment rules because it was over 450 fps.

So a $60 pistol isnt really worth it. Save up for a couple more weeks and buy a good, used GBB. If you shop around, you can find one for fairly cheap.

·
Registered
807 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
For a decent non blow back pistol, check this out.
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_45_593&products_id=27759

My friend bought this as his first gas gun, and while its plastic, its a solid piece. Only cons are its a little big, and has a long trigger pull. But you get that with any non blow back pistol.
3 of my friends got this pistol to play infrequently and it was fine for them. The only problem was the magazines. however since its a non-blowback it was really easy to fix. the top of the mags come apart really easy and most of the time it just took some adjusting of the 0-rings and some lube and it worked like new.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Get a non-blowback that shoots around 385 and target practice a lot so it breaks in and you'll eventually shoot under 350 which would be perfect for the sidearm issue and cybergun or umarex nbb are pretty inexpensive and will be around $60. I use a Cybergun S&W M&P40 by KWC and I'm very happy with it and shoots at around 350 now that I had it for a few years. The only problem with those guns is that mags are hard to find for some reason. If someone knows where to find the mags for nBB pistols please give me the website I want a few more mags for my M&P40.

Umarex has a usp nbb that they advertise to shoot 330 and it's $52, that seems like a good choice because it is under 350. (thats if Umarex is telling the truth about the fps)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.