Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know there have been threads similar to this before, but this one has a slightly different twist. Its not about the exact brand and model sidearm, but what kind of sidearm you use and/prefer. Do you like gbb pistols? gbb smg's? AEP's? AEG SMG's? or anything else. Which do you like and why? Im interested in seeing what people like to carry with them..

I personally like like to go the route of gbb pistols because of their size, but in some cases a gbb smg (such as the kwa kmp9:tup:) can be much more effective. Pistol if I plan on sitting far back and being more withdrawn, but smg if there is planned movement (scout sniper-ish).

What are your opinions?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Personally, and I think most of the airsofting community will agree with me here, GBB pistols are the most commonly used side-arm. They give a crisp blow-back which adds to the realism of the game (most do anyway). There are also many styles from most of the *major* gun manufacturers giving a wide selection of choice for you to pick the pistol which is perfect for you. They are small and easily carry-able too, whereas a GBB SMG or AEG backup can be quite large and increase the weight you are carrying making them less practical, they're also much less concealable as well and seeing as we are snipers, this could make us stand out from our environment whereas we're meant to blend in.

I carry my tried and trusted Socom Gear M9A1 SOF, this thing is a gas guzzler, but has good range, a VERY crisp blow-back and is complete with good accuracy and some really nice trademarks. It comes with a free Madbull Gemtech licensed suppressor as standard with a lower rail for the attachment of flashlights or lasers.

And as for your full auto problem, the Socom Gear M9A1 SOF is fully capable of full auto shooting if needed.

But all in all, just research your sidearm before you buy, there are lots to choose from so take you pick and get the best one which is comfortable for you!

Zero

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
Everything is a matter of personal preference mostly.
I've many GBB pistols and I like them alot, maybe a NBB or AEP is better in pure performance but for me the "feel" is more important.
I've fired some NBB (never worked on them though) and are very nice, much quieter than GBBs and have better accuracy.

Again I'll take a GBB, I personally use mostly a KSC Glock 18c, it's my first pistol and it still rocking and I take it with in almost every game! The second pistol I take is the TM Hi Capa, perhaps the best pistol you can buy if you like the 1911 look(I love the 1911 but Hi Capa doesn't have some drawbacks of the standard 1911).

If you decide on GBB pistol I can give you more info and suggest tell you my opinion.
I don't own yet a GBBR or GBB SMG so I won't comment on that.

Wolf

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input. Just so everybody knows, Im not really looking for a new sidearm to buy. I just wanted to know what everybody though about this topic, and what they prefer to carry. :)

Zero,
you are very right that most people do carry pistols and that an smg would be bigger (in some cases). The only thing is that even though they are bigger, they can still be easily concealed in the "fuzz" of a gillie suit. Some even have holsters that they will fit in. A good smg can be pretty accurate too...
Don't take this the wrong way though. I think a pistol might be a better choice, but people often overlook smg's as a backup.

Wolf,
Feel is a very important part of airsoft for me to! A also agree that the hi capa's are pretty nice looking and very functional. But, gbb smg's are very satisfying also:)

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't find weight to hold me down at all. My sig gets in the way sometimes but it is worth it. We have a pretty thick arena and I can put my AEG down close to me so if they see me I can pick that up. I did use pistols on a the field once. My g3 (Everybody likes a good AEG from time to time) went down and two guys gave me their crosman C11s (I know crosman terrible but these had a decent range and I was suprised)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Nope I respect your opinion. But personally I like to be an 'organized' sniper, and don't like things clunking around! Yes I have seen people do it before but it's not for me, but hey!, everybody's different aren't they?

Zero

·
Registered
239 Posts
I use a mp5k on a one point sling, currently dont have a GBB pistol. Used to have TM P226 but got my truck broken into and now it's gone.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep zero your very right! everyone is different! and it doesn't matter what kind of sidearm you have or how good it is, if you don't like it and aren't comfortable with it.
Fdkrek im sorry to hear that! thats just awful that someone would do that. But, i bet they were in for a surprise when they found out that the gun they just took wasn't actually real ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
* my first backup was an KSC g18 lvlII but with many year it have misfunction and I change it
++ burst with hight rate of fire and small size
-- sound and reliability

* the second was the mk 23
++ range and accurate with some add ( long inner barrel and trigger job) and power of the silencer "pop"
-- oversized so hard to carry

* KJ kp-05
++ immortal ! in the rain / in the mud / in the cold it's still working low price and hi-capa compatibility for many part ( but mine is still stock)
-- sound ?

*TM mp7
++ deadly accurate / compact for an "mini AEG" / silenced / enough R.O.F to stop a squad / less sensitive than an GBB about temperature fluctuations
-- heavy / hard to carry on holster

to conclude each has its positive and negative items
gbb give the sensations more real and sympatic with better grip, the mp7 can free themselves of a aeg with a tool as powerful.

I play from now on exclusively milsim op must therefore focus on compactness and efficiency

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.