Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Sidearm that fits my role.. and my load out

10K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  lupin2000 
#1 ·
Ok, so as many of you know, I am currently building an HK417 and I got to thinking... I might need a new sidearm, because I'm starting to get tired of my KWA USP .45 and it just... I don't know, just something is lacking in it. It's great as a rifleman load out, since it's light, and gets the job done when needed, but when going out as a DM, it doesn't perform well enough inside the 100 ft engagement zone for DM's (when you just get stuck in that situation that every DM/Sniper hates... blown cover). I'm looking into SMGs (use a weapon catch as a holster as it works pretty well), or Burst fire pistols (M93r example), but am still open to Semi-pistols, since it won't waste as much ammo. What do you guys think would be my best option? I'll be running the HK417 with a CIRAS vest, NO leg subload, Back load, and limited space on the front. FPS must be reduceable to under 350fps.
I just don't want another USP.

SMG models I'm open to:
-KMP9
-MP7
-anything not a MAC11a1 or UZI

Burst Pistols:
-any ideas welcome

Pistol models:
-M9
-Glock
-P226
-Walthers
-NO Revolvers
-and would like to avoid WE

Please just list your suggestion with
a)Model
b)Brand
c)Price
d)Pros
e)cons
f)personal experience, known issues, etc.

Thanks everybody! :tup:

See less See more
#7 ·
I say m9 all day long. The only regret I have about my KJW m9 is that it's not a lot of customization available. As for performance mind you, my m9 is amazingly accurate( see one shot one kill) out to 70 ft or so... So if your like me and enjoy the hunt, or if someone pops up in your MED you can easily own them. Plus I use a l96 so the rate of fire makes me feel more secure.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#12 ·
Bashing the m9 huh? Well firstly there is a reason the 1911 was finally replaced. It's called Beretta. Secondly I just stated the m9's reliability, and accuracy. As a sidearm is serves its purpose, and exceeds them. The mp7 is of course badass. But he asked about the m9, and I love mine so....

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#18 ·
Bashing the m9 huh? Well firstly there is a reason the 1911 was finally replaced. It's called Beretta.
WHICH is still highly controversial. Much of the reason was for cost... Don't get me wrong, I think that the M9 is a beautiful gun, but cutting out half of the slide... It's funny they were shocked by slide failures :lmao:
While I think it's cool, I just think the M1911 is a more classic, and reliable option... However, I think we're going too deeply into real steel-like conversation. Both will be fine choices.
Oh yeah, the M1911 is on the list of pistols to replace the M9... Kind of ironic, eh?:shrug:

#16 · (Edited)
Jeez thanks guys :)
I'm not sure whether to go MP or Standard pistol style. I really like the machine pistol, but it is quite a bit heavier, and bulkier, while the Standard may yes be sized nicely, its volume of fire and ammo capacity as well as accuracy seem to sufffer.. You guys are really helping me though so BIG thanks to you guys :) :cheers:

#17 ·
Why doesn't the USP do the job?

Does it lack precision, range, firepower, others?
Maybe upgrading the USP is a better way to go?

If firepower, look into an smg or equal, MP7 is probably a great way to go. Maybe a G18, for compromise?

I believe most pistols are equal or at least can be upgraded to such a state. If you just want a new pistol I would let looks decide.

I personally like glocks, so that's what I run.

If you would like to get something upgrade-able, I would go for a High-Capa since there are limitless numbers of parts available to them.

#20 ·
Thanks guys,
@chrisgunny, Probably gonna get the MP7, I love the looks and it seems like it'll do the job perfectly!

@Migafox, You're right there, I think I'll get the MP7, but also buy a threaded outer for my USP and some other simple unprades.

Thanks everyone for your tips, suggestions, and feedback!

Decision has been made
-KWA MP7 with CQB bolt, mock suppressor (custom), 3 position stock bars, extended mags x3, holster
-threaded outer for USP, mock suppressor, longer inner (possibly), sight work, hop work

THANKS EVERYONE :D

#22 ·
KWA Mp7 and kjw 1911. The nice thing about the KWA Mp7 is you can use it as a back up or a primary if your spotting. Its a must if you have a blot action rifle. The kjw 1911 is also a stand alone backup.

Heres, my shooter load out minus M40 A5

#24 ·
I would go for a MP7 or an AEP aswell. I've seen nice AEP glock from TM and Cyma, they shoot in full auto or in semi and are great because they do not change when it's cold outside.

#25 ·
I second what Shinny said. Get a Glock AEP. The SMG although small, it's huge compared to a Glock, even if you get a leg holster for it, you'd still be running funny. Other pro's include cold weather operation and magazine size and weight.

You can even get a CAA Roni Carbine Kit, and convert it to a SMG platform that allows optics and an adjustable buttstock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.