Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna start off that I am aware that there are a couple posts in this spot with having to do with sidearms, but each suggests a sidearm they have which sways the thread to something i wasn't looking for. So i decided to make one and ask what sidearms you more experienced snipers use. I am open to anything really as long as it is durable and effective. When I look for a good sidearm i always find bad things about every one saying its not very durable and whatnot so i figured i'd ask.

·
Registered
807 Posts
cant really go wrong with KWA. My first airsoft gun was a USPc that lasted about 5 years, and now Im on to a M9 PTP that I absolutely love. the only problem Ive had with the PTP has been that the base plates on the mags are really really weak (as in I have no base plates on either of my mags anymore), and the mags are wider than normal M9 mags so you have to get KWA ones. other than that the rest of the gun is holding up like a tank and is even getting wear marks like a real one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have to +1 the KWA I have a G 26C that held up great. The only reason It's not so great now is I left it alone for 4 years and the spring on the slide compressed and the mag leaks from a bad O ring (also from 4 years of non use). But I used it for 3 years before that and had no problems except loosing a mag in the woods. (Yes I lost a mag for that pistol too.) But that has to do with the mag release getting hit.

I have now though a KJW M9. It feels just like the real thing in weight and balance. The mags for it are a nice weight too and it can take a beating. The KJW M9 can take different mag makers too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
807 Posts
well, if he doesnt comment you can just PM him. but I posted a thread asking about pistols a while ago and he was talking about how awesome the mark IV is compared to the PTP that I currently have... idk, both are pretty awesome. Ive never heard anything bad about WE, Im just a KWA fan

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have always liked KSC and KWA. I've actually had 3 different versions of the KSC M9 and loved them all, still have my KSC M9 V.2.

I've had a KWA 1911 V.2 Full metal single stack as well, great shooting replica. Also a KSC Glock 34, lasted me a very long time. Its nice to have a little more power for woodland and open ground shooting, thats exactly what KSC and KWA provide.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
bobgengeskahn said:
well thats too bad, im not a fan of glocks in real steel or in airsoft (I think they are just ugly, and not that much better than other composite guns)... but I know that a lot of you guys like the glock airsoft :-/
I absolutely love the glock
I am pissed that they are no longer available as I would love to get my hands on a KWA.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a WE and love it......

I will put a picture here because I have found it under several different names but it is all the same gun.

Names I have found are.
Hi-Capa Dragon
Split Slide 1911
Caspian X Split Slide
and a few others

Like you I was looking for something different and before this gun I had a $59 Sporting goods store CO2 Tarsus PT 24/7. Which I will say for the price was a heck of a gun many a pistol kill with that thing. I upgraded to my WE because I was looking for something a little more true to the real thing and I wanted the blow back for the cool factor. Plus my plan is to tweak the snot out of this thing until it is as accurate and as powerful as the fields in my area will allow, since I have a tendency to get twice as may pistol kills per game than rifle kills. So after research and debating price since my plan is to replace all the internals over time I picked this up for $109 w/2 gas mags. Once I get the 2 CO2 Mags to fit it I will see which is gonna be my staple on mags and build the gun out based on that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.