Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope these came out. I have a lot of time and money invested in this project. The guts consist of a systema gearbox/motor combo. I went with the best of everything. I hot glued a screw head on the left side of the gun to prevent me from using full auto. No matter what you do you can never fully quiet the motor, but I did what I could. She is more quiet then a regular AEG, but again, its still an AEG and you can hear it if you are close enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nelsonho396 said:
Very nice. Now all you need is a gun wrap. Or some few streaks of tan.
What is the range on it?
I do have a gun wrap but it no longer gets used on this. This rifle shot out effectively to 200ft dead on. I know she can probably go a little farther, but I never had to when I did use it. I do not use this as my sniper rifle anymore. I now use an upgraded KJW M700 which the gun wrap goes on. This now, usually just sits in the case, or I use it just as a DMR for those precise shots at a distance when with the squad. I find using the boltie I can get longer ranged shots in and is a heck of a lot more quieter. Not to mention I built a fully functioning supressor for my M700 so now all you can hear is the hammer fall. No more snap sound out the front from the gas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nelsonho396 said:
Oh well I am at it I will give you a question to get some info. What do you like better bolt actions or dmrs? Why? Thanks for replying
I prefer a bolt action. Dont get me wrong, I like my DMR but not as a sniper rifle. It is way to noisy and more then once did the gearbox noise give my area away and I was a heck of a ways out. My gearbox is quieter then normal, but they still make the distinct sound. When they know a sniper is on the field, a good player is going to be listening for that. Its harder to be an effective sniper with a DMR. A bolt action can shoot a lot farther, and a heck of a lot quieter. But, if I am going to be staying with the squad during the senerio, then yes i will use the DMR for the semi mode, with more ammo. Plus a good DMR is going to cost you a lot more money. I have about $1000 in mine. DMR's are great for squad support moreso then as a lone sniper. I find it more satisfying shooting the enemy from 200 plus feet, and watching their teammates looking around in circles because they have no idea where it came from. Experience players will move out of the area while the less experienced players you can carefully pick off while they look confused.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
metallicafatcat said:
After reading this, all I can say is you spent way too much money on internal parts.
The only reason I went with systema internals is i have always heard how good they were and I wanted to see. Believe it or not, I try to buy every new gearbox that comes out and test it in my M4. After I am done testing them I usually build a gun and sell it to one of my team members cheap. Systema has a very smooth gearbox and i love it. Do I think its worth $400, no I dont. But if I ever sell this DMR, the systema internals stay with me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AHP said:
I think it looks great siege1cj, would love to hear about your internal parts and any mods you did.
Systema gearbox/motor, polished the cylinder, corrected the volume of air through the cylinder, sealed the hopup, teflon tape at the front of the hopup system, and a lot more. Theres a post in the long range section under the holy grail of DMR. He explains everything that should be done. He hits it right on the head of what needs to be done. No matter what you do its all trial and error. Some things will work, and some things wont. Systema internals are not needed, but I bought them because I wanted to see the performance difference, if any, compared to other gearboxes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.