Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp.... Decided to go ahead and make a thread about my gun. Due to some money problems progress has stopped... But plans are still being made.

Anyways on to the details.

Jg sig 552. Going for a dmr because I simply love the looks of the 552, and I am on single shot all the time.

Parts installed:
Internal-
Hurricane metal bushings
Gb shimmed by me
Mad bull piston(back when they did the free piston giveaway haha)
Hurricane type 1 cylinder(polished)
Hurricane cylinder head(polished)
Guarder red poly piston head
Guarder o-ring nozzle with shs o ring
Matrix m110 spring
Echo1 spring guide
Evike brand 6.03 300mm barrel(just wanted to test their brand out)
Shedder nub
Forgot what bucking I have

External:
Zombie killer mock supresser(I'm a big zombie person)
AFG
Flashlight(when its dark)
Ics sightrail
First factory ebr stock

Parts yet to install:
Ics hop up(not even sure if it will fit but I'm going to try)

It's shooting 428fps right now, haven't broken in the spring yet. I'm hoping to get it down to 400 exactly but I think I'll settle around 415, I'd really like to use it indoors just cuz there are some cool cqb places here in ga but if not oh well, imma get a ump anyways for cqb.
No real distance or accuracy test have been done since I've upgraded the gb about 2 months ago. As soon as I finish putting the gun together I'll be fine tuning it. And yes I have done all of the compression mods besides gluing the nozzle to the tappet plate. I've also Teflon tapped/sealed everything I could. Just wanting to finish the gun before I go play with it. I'll update as I get more done

Updated: 10/29

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Annd update already, walked into airsoft atlanta today and found out the hurricane 552 tune up kit is on sale, so im picking that up this week and ill have a bunch of spare parts for another day... Or gun...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kno it's a bit strange but all my fields are limited to 400fps and I personally like being where all the action is, not on the out skirts(I tend to be more of a leader then a follower). I also am not good at gauging the min engagement distance for the "snipers" I'm just going for 400 and as much precision, accurcy and range as I can.

The whole cqb thing just works out as this being my only gun right now. Once I finish this I'll get a gun just for cqb.

As for the fps, this is the spring I have: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_611_333&products_id=31455&osCsid=27cfd7004d6be1baee937f78c6abb77c

It's says it's rated to 370 and I personally haven't seen any reviews on their springs so I guess I'm doing good there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Got some polishing compund and did some work. Besides the motor got all the parts for my gb that i want. Just waiting on tearing it apart.

Edit: yeaa been sitting here for 3 hrs. Im just glad one im done this time ill be good for a bit.
Edit#2: so yea got the gb together, then some how realized my piston isn't on track -_- and then imma need a soldering iron because one of my terminals wires is about to tear near the gb... Been a long day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done with the gb for now. Got it shimmed great, had a weird problem with the gears binding but got it right. Sounds lovely, got my cylinder, cylinder head, and nozzle with no leaks thanks to a some tefflon tape and the shs nozzle o-ring kit. Hoefulky I'll be picking up a sight in a few weeks. Found one I like. Updates will come after I chrono the gun and get some accuracy test done.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I love it! Non-traditional DMR builds fascinate me. Kudos to you for buying local! Keep us going!

Also, (offtopic) I run a g&g umg as my primary and it's got some suprising range for such a short barrel length. It's a bit heavy for a SMG though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use to have a de ump and i loved it. Great range and accury for how copact it was. Idk why i sold it.

But thanks for the words, went to my local store yesterday and won a raffle and got two things. Pics in few

And the pics:

Dont really like the new scope on this gun, but i do like thr scope itself. Just need a gun for cqb now haha.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A little update, i did some thinking and decided to go single shot only 500+ g
Fps so a new spring, motor, gearset, and piston, and mosfet prob will be in order soon.

And the reason i decided that is i just ordered an a&k masada for a cqb gun. Its only gonna get externals and its gonna be my backup. Pics once it gets here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.