Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
41 - 60 of 112 Posts

· Registered
5,705 Posts
I too have received free stuff to do a review as well and some of the parts have become the most popular parts to get. And a lot of this was due to my reviews. People normally know, if I like something, that it should be good.
I have also been sent proto-type parts as well to assess and advise on improvement. They too have become some of the best parts on the market. So, if ICS or Silverback are watching this, it could be well worth it.

· Registered
5,705 Posts

· Registered
3,721 Posts
Man, that brings back some memories looking at that thread, back when I was making some bullpup VSR with a homemade HPA engine and basing everything off of now classic Novritsch videos.

For which chamber is better, I am a fan of pivoting arms as they are easy to make stable, while vertical nubs tend to be looser. This was the case with my Airsoft Philosopher chamber, the nub was just too wobbly and would not keep still. Eventually I "invented" the SS-nub and made one for it, which made it lot better. I still preferred the AA, but it showed that a vertical nub could be rather good.
I haven't tried the TTI as I don't have a VSR anymore and feel no need to get another, but I'll trust your judgement that it's a solid choice. Still, I think that the AA with my SS-nub or a Masada arm is easily one of the best chambers out there, and will be for some time to come.

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I think I have dropped everything i can into my VSR but if I hadn’t installed a Tridos i would be tempted by the TTI. It’s simply got everything you need in one place! Not seen any pictures of the mdr-x hop but it seems to have everything you need- on paper at least.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
The sound in the video was not great. It still has potential. And I love the air nozzle system.

· Registered
159 Posts
Video sound isn’t great, but for an “ootb” AEG I think that sounds pretty darn good (the gearbox noise at least). The price tag does lessen the effect somewhat, but there are tons of very expensive AEGs that are also heckin’ noisy stock.

· Registered
38 Posts
Apparently it's been confirmed to not take the real handguards for some reason, which pretty much blows my interest out of the water; the stock handguard is trash tier aesthetics and makes it look like a scifi gun from a no budget B movie.

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Note - more videos are coming from Silverback and Longbow which cover shooting (all the springs, both the circuit boards) hop construction/disassembly and I would imagine all the technical details people are waiting for. No, I have no idea as to when that might be but hopefully quite soon :)

· Registered
576 Posts
Longbow as a retailer will only show the benefits.

Give it a year or so for negative Airsoft to be sent one and than we we will get a better breakdown. Although he only sees broken guns or ones that need servicing or upgrades.

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

You can't glean too much from this footage other than it does appear to be excellent, out of the box...

A major stumbling block for me is that the ETU Isn't programmable to provide a "sniper delay" which is a stipulation some sites are starting to insist upon.

· Registered
5,705 Posts
I would most likely take the hand guard off and then shorten the outer barrel. This would make is really short like the Tokyo Marui Hi Cycle Aug.
Though I know some people would hate that look but it is each to their own.

41 - 60 of 112 Posts