Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It looks good and all, but that video was super vague and I don't recommend watching it.

The VSR-10 will always be dominant, but I definitely like seeing Silverback put out a more competitive offering than the SRS as this is perfectly useable by everybody.

Definitely don't sell your VSR or whatever you have though, weight for the other models, price, weight, and the VSR bucking version and then decide.
I bet this is probably about as good as an SSG10 with all the diy mods, just cooler looking, better quality, better feeling, and actually zero upgrade if you desire.

Pro tip: if you watch the video, play it at 1.25X speed unless you want to fall asleep or jump off a building.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I mean if they price isnt as high the SRS, this can very well be a good contender to the SSG10, a ready to go OOTB sniper rifle. This might be my next sniper rifle.

·
Registered
898 Posts
$350 on RWA preorder. Not a bad deal. They did copy Ares' feeding tube system, except now it's getting praise instead of being flamed. 🤔

·
Super Moderator
3,859 Posts
$350 on RWA preorder. Not a bad deal. They did copy Ares' feeding tube system, except now it's getting praise instead of being flamed. 🤔
I didnt watch the video, but if that thing has a feed tube then its not a good thing. Unless they really worked on that feed system to make it not suck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I absolutely agree with them. The VSR10 only is the industry standard because of the upgrade parts. Out of the box the VSR10 won't work outside that 1J limit unless you build it that way. That to me doesn't seem like standard, seems like a lot of work to only keep the body.

I have been using an SRS for 3 years now and finally put in my first non-Silverback part into the gun, purely because the Maxx Hop was an easier install than the FAST hop and with the AEG buckings work as good if not better than the tuned VSR10s it has competed against. Lifts the same if not heavier bbs than most of the standard VSR10 buckings. Plus it's so much easier to work on if you decide to do anything to it over the VSR10.

Just because it was first doesn't mean it was best. Personally I think the TAC41 takes all the things that made the SRS a great platform and just converted it to a traditional rifle.

The fine tuning of the dial hop up is a huge step towards precision at range and the fact that the VMP is an addition you can get without modification to the cylinder is huge. The fact that it will convert to lefty without buying extra parts is a huge boon as well. Along with huge magazine capacity right out of the box.

The only gripe I have so far is that feeding ramp design. It looks like it will cause large problems for the gun in the future, but it's something I can get over if it performs just like the SRS.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
It has a feed tube, but the design is more like the TM M40a3 rather than the AS01.
You can see the exact function here: (12) TAC-41 P shooting demonstration - YouTube
I think you might have that a bit backwards. It's almost exactly the same as an Ares feeding tube (similar to the mcm700x or MSR series). The ramp/loading fin that is seen on the AWS series/m40a3 is in my opinion, even worse than the feed tube that Ares uses. TM sometimes gets away with it since the QC is a bit higher, but that doesn't change the fact that it can jam and get damaged very easily.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I think you might have that a bit backwards. It's almost exactly the same as an Ares feeding tube (similar to the mcm700x or MSR series). The ramp/loading fin that is seen on the AWS series/m40a3 is in my opinion, even worse than the feed tube that Ares uses. TM sometimes gets away with it since the QC is a bit higher, but that doesn't change the fact that it can jam and get damaged very easily.
The TM M40A5 uses their own proprietary feeding tube system that has a latch preventing BBs from getting out of the tube when no loaded magazine is loaded onto the gun (copied by the Double Eagle M66 which I did post a review before).

This system is much less prone to jamming and damage compared to the AWS' feeding system, and unlike the AS01 and other ARES guns BBs cannot be fed into the rifle by tilting the gun upside down even if there are any BBs inside the tube, if a loaded magazine is absent.

Well, I mean if they price isnt as high the SRS, this can very well be a good contender to the SSG10, a ready to go OOTB sniper rifle. This might be my next sniper rifle.
This thing's price tag is 2700HKD (~350? usd) in Redwolf, which is actually a fair bit cheaper than the SSG10 unless you live in the USA.

The TAC41's feeding system is the same as the TM M40's (including stopping the BBs from getting fired out of the barrel), and mostly good materials for everything, and could tap into the huge laundry list of VSR hop up groupings. This probably will replace the SRS as the best starting platform.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The TM M40A5 uses their own proprietary feeding tube system that has a latch preventing BBs from getting out of the tube when no loaded magazine is loaded onto the gun (copied by the Double Eagle M66 which I did post a review before).

This system is much less prone to jamming and damage compared to the AWS' feeding system, and unlike the AS01 and other ARES guns BBs cannot be fed into the rifle by tilting the gun upside down even if there are any BBs inside the tube, if a loaded magazine is absent.
I stand corrected. I'm mixing up the m40 models with the VFC springer version.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had one of the ASG VFC M40A3's for my first sniper and hated the feed ramp.. ramp is different than tube. The BB was essentially one at a time, being guided with a long fin to ride along the track. Nothing would stop the BB from falling off the track and getting cronched by the cylinder. A tube is a much better approach - however you still face the same issue as the MCX Ares rifles that you now have 12 or however many rounds are in the tube when the magazine is ejected, and the only way to load those into the chamber is by tilting the rifle downwards if you run out of ammo in the magazine.

Nonetheless, it's still a great concept, but the review was lacking. "Oh, before we get into X, let's talk about the teardown, after we do a shooting test!" (Proceeds to point Y, skipping both X and the teardown)

Edit: Link to the Teardown Video

·
Registered
170 Posts
Slight bump..

For our US Based players, Evike has justed listed the Tac41 on their website. As of right now it's listed out of stock, but at least I have more hope. Nothing on accessories such as spare magazines, but at least I might not have to order it from overseas.

·
Administrator
6,165 Posts
I haven't done any extensive testing on my Tac-41 but in stock form it really kicks ass!
There's no comparison between a stock vsr and a stock Tac41.
Now things started to move on the aftermarket industry and parts for the Tac41 appeared in tge shops and initial feedbacks are incredible.
I hope to build mine during the winter..
But overall is a great gun with cool features.

Wolf

1 - 14 of 14 Posts