Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just took apart my cylinder from my bar 10 just to see how to upgrade it in the future if need be. After putting the gun back together I noticed that pushing the bolt forward was more difficult, and I was experiencing some resistance. Does anybody know why? At first I thought I had to just lubricate the cylinder and it would push forward easier but that wasn't the case.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
inthetallgrass said:
If you put too much teflon tape around the cylinder head screw you can expand that part of the cylinder. I did that to mine ruining my pull. I had to get a pair of large head pliers and VERY carefully straighten the cylinder unit. Oh and slowley too.
. Wow:/ , I did Teflon it at first and I could feel pressure when pulling back so that my be the problem. Thanks for your feed back I"ll try to straighten the cylinder. This is not on topic with my question but has anybody used mag brand springs? I want to install a sp100 so I can use it for cqb, thanks

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Swishy said:
inthetallgrass said:
If you put too much teflon tape around the cylinder head screw you can expand that part of the cylinder. I did that to mine ruining my pull. I had to get a pair of large head pliers and VERY carefully straighten the cylinder unit. Oh and slowley too.
. Wow:/ , I did Teflon it at first and I could feel pressure when pulling back so that my be the problem. Thanks for your feed back I"ll try to straighten the cylinder. This is not on topic with my question but has anybody used mag brand springs? I want to install a sp100 so I can use it for cqb, thanks
Do as I say for a quiet gun. Get a cheap 500 fps spring and cut it until it is at the limit you want. Then tape the sear thing in the trigger so it doesn't fall out. This way with the spring cut the piston will not hit the cylinder head thus making littlenoise besides the spring releasing and the whoosh of air. Trust me this coupled with a spacer-ed barrel is the best.

Why do I tell everyone my secerets? Meh I guess I am just a nice person.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I"ve decided not to try to straighten my cylinder in the case that I mess it up even more.It's not that big of a deal anyway, and it actually makes racking the bolt quieter:D. I guess this gives me an excuse to throw some upgrades in her :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.