Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first VSR clone rifle, so I am not to familiar with it. I am having a issue where as I engage the safety lever, there is a grinding feeling, and if I do it slowly it often jams all together. While inspecting it, I noticed the safety lever had a sharp 90 degree corner where it slides along the trigger block. If I was to shape it into a more curved shape, not removing much material, would this in turn help smooth out the safety? I was also wondering if this is a common problem with these rifles. I have a socom gear m700 to be specific.

·
Registered
222 Posts
quigly said:
So this is my first VSR clone rifle, so I am not to familiar with it. I am having a issue where as I engage the safety lever, there is a grinding feeling, and if I do it slowly it often jams all together. While inspecting it, I noticed the safety lever had a sharp 90 degree corner where it slides along the trigger block. If I was to shape it into a more curved shape, not removing much material, would this in turn help smooth out the safety? I was also wondering if this is a common problem with these rifles. I have a socom gear m700 to be specific.
It sounds like doing that would fix the problem, and I've owned multiple vsr's and I have never had the broblem.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Gorem said:
quigly said:
It sounds like doing that would fix the problem, and I've owned multiple vsr's and I have never had the broblem.
I've never had the Broblem either. Just make sure everything is aligned first, and if the Broblem persists, then remedy it with some filing/sanding.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I made sure every thing was in order, and even tried different pressures on the screw holding it on. Where can I buy an extra in case I totally F it up? My google-fu is off tonight.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've performed customer work on just about every VSR clone rifle available to date; & although I've never seen this issue on the TM VSR or JG BAR-10 variant, I have ran into it on several of the other brands of VSR clone rifles.
The remedy is to round the corner edge of the safety lever where it contacts the trigger safety stop block.
Trimming & polishing the safety mechanisms contact surfaces is also a common modification that must be performed on the stock trigger assembly when customizing a trigger by eliminating unnecessary trigger creep & therefore reducing the overall length of the trigger pull for a custom rifle feel for its operator.
Snipers desire the least amount of trigger pull that is possible on a weapon platform, hence the common shooter's phrase "touching it off"!

The BushMan

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have also seen this only with clones, and at that only once. Filing/polishing the corners part of the safety lever which contacts the block, as well as the block itself pretty much took care of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.