Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an A&K SR-25 with a Madbul dragon fire 16.25in ris,and ACM UBR stock.The barrel came from a broken WELL boltie I modified to be accepted into an AEG upper receiver.The muzzle break is hand made.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I plan to remove the stock mount from the lower receiver,drill and tap the lower to receive the GBB stock mount so I can use it to house 11.1v 1200mah 20c lipos.To finish that off I will cut off the end cap and use a rubber stopper to have access to the stock tube for replacing batteries.I never thought of putting a Polarstar engine in it.All I would need is a G&G SR-25 hopup to do that one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
inthetallgrass said:
That's more of a full peak

Where did You get the ACM UBR stock.
Not really,I didnt tell yeah how I got a springer barrel to mate up to an aeg receiver,good barrel spacing idea in that also that can be applied to bolties if no ones thought of it already.I havent even gotten into the GB.Heres the link for that UBR stock,cheapest place ive found them yet.

http://airsoftdiffusion.com/stock/355-stock-ubr-bk-acm.html

Im toying with the idea of doing a build thread on this one.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
uller said:
inthetallgrass said:
I found that place my self but they are all out of stock.
Sorry man I tried.Fortunately they have gone out of stock ywice since I go the two I bought from them.I believe they get new inventory fairly quickly.
Well no, because Magpul made a legal action on them so they had to stop making them. At least that's what I heard.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
inthetallgrass said:
uller said:
Sorry man I tried.Fortunately they have gone out of stock ywice since I go the two I bought from them.I believe they get new inventory fairly quickly.
Well no, because Magpul made a legal action on them so they had to stop making them. At least that's what I heard.
Wow I had no idea.Tell you what gve me a little time and see if I can come up with something for you.

·
Registered
890 Posts
look on Ebay. They're still floating around there. Also that is a really interesting idea Uller for tapping the lower reciever to accept gbbr stock tubes and stocks. I have problems motivating my friends in the machine shop to program and run parts for me. So I tend to stay out of custom work like that. Although I will build gearboxes and things of that nature.

ebay UBR
^you still need to contact them about shipping internationally. As I'm sure they're going to charge you shipping at that point.
Also, I'm sure it's a ACM UBR because the numbers on the stock are painted instead of laser engraved.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
goldentrigun said:
look on Ebay. They're still floating around there. Also that is a really interesting idea Uller for tapping the lower reciever to accept gbbr stock tubes and stocks. I have problems motivating my friends in the machine shop to program and run parts for me. So I tend to stay out of custom work like that. Although I will build gearboxes and things of that nature.

ebay UBR
^you still need to contact them about shipping internationally. As I'm sure they're going to charge you shipping at that point.
Also, I'm sure it's a ACM UBR because the numbers on the stock are painted instead of laser engraved.
I dont like battery pouches or PEQ's so its basically my only option with this stock.The stock mount on the lower is atleast 2.5in long,I need the realestate man.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The real PTS ubr gives more room to house a 7.4 stock lipo. From everything that I've read anyway. I can't necessarily speak from experience since I too did own a ACM UBR. I don't anymore though after watching 5 or 6 kids with magpul everything raving at how amazing magpul products are.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
goldentrigun said:
The real PTS ubr gives more room to house a 7.4 stock lipo. From everything that I've read anyway. I can't necessarily speak from experience since I too did own a ACM UBR. I don't anymore though after watching 5 or 6 kids with magpul everything raving at how amazing magpul products are.
I like to use G&P 11.1v 1200mah 20C lipos in the UBR stock tube.Ussing the AEG stock tube,about 1.75in of the battery wont fit because of the buffer tube mount and tube mount bracket.I can get roughly 4 450round mags run time out of a G&P lipo.There are smaller 7.4's out there,but im afraid run time and trigger response would suffer if I went to ussing one.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Did you already check fitment of the 11.1 in the gbb tube? I just checked my 11.1 and it doesn't look like it'll fit without severe risk of screwing up the wires. It may just be my pack but you may want to double check.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
goldentrigun said:
Did you already check fitment of the 11.1 in the gbb tube? I just checked my 11.1 and it doesn't look like it'll fit without severe risk of screwing up the wires. It may just be my pack but you may want to double check.
I have performed the same procedure on my G3 Countersniper/DMR.I just took it out to test the refitment of my wrapped SCS spacer actually.Any how to get a GBBR stock tube to mount to the G3 you have to make a base plate for the full stock mounting bracket.I did so from 3mm thick alluminum.The bottom side of this adapter plate has to be notched to allow the bottom flange of the UBR stock to pass through the adapter plate to allow the stock to sit squarely on the adapter plate.

Next I cut a hole in the adapter plate just wide enough for the GBBR stock tube to pass through.To join the two pieces of metal,I brazed the GBBR tube to the adapter plate from the inside of the stock mounting bracket.I did it this way to keep finish work to a bare minimum.The UBR stock is secured to the GBBR stock tube via the allen bolts on the stock,and to the G3 stock mount bracket via the UBR stock lower flange modified to accept an allen bolt.The bolt is actually inside the flange to the right of the sling swivel mount,thus allowing the sling swivel mount to remain ussable.

This arrangement gives plenty of room for the battery,and wiring.I kept wiring to a minimum on the G3.There are only two wires for the battery.I use an AWS Stealth trigger fet,and will run a resettable fuse inline just behind the gearbox.Here is a pic of the bracket,showing GBBR joining.Notice the notched bottom side of the adapter plate to accept the lower flange of the UBR stock.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.