Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a Well M70c Vsr-10 MB10. I just installed a SP170 spring, ball bearing spring guide, and a T6 aluminum piston. I am planning on getting a MadBull vsr-10 hopup bucking. But I want to know what type of barrel to get. A 6.01 or a 6.03? I already understand the pros and cons to each, I Just wanted to hear some preferences, tips etc... Any help is strongly appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
6.03mm works for me. Can't really give a comparison on the two because i've never tried a 6.01mm tbb yet, which is something I should probably start thinking about doing...

·
Registered
291 Posts
An ER hopped PDI 6.01 and polished 500mm Angel Custom 6.01 (surprisingly quite well made) with a stock TM bucking are giving me tighter results than the wider bored barrel combos I have tried, including the Laylax 6.03 430mm barrel.

I must say that I never polished the interior of the Laylax barrel however, as it's pretty rough. HS5 cut one up to show the gritty interior.

·
Registered
491 Posts
i can't believe that .01 works better than a wider one like 6.03 to .05 ;) imo IMPOSSIBLE:)
tighter bores like .01 is good untill 50 meters...

·
Registered
491 Posts
i use Bioval .30... .27 is a little bit too lightweighted :D
and still the barrel diameter sounds crap to me
zardichar posted VERY usefull information!:)

·
Registered
291 Posts
It may sound crap to you, but I've provided the information, none of which is false in any way.

A polished, ER-hopped 6.01 barrel made by PDI when compared to a Laylax 6.03 is bound to have better results. The bore difference's impact on accuracy would be negligible in the first place.

While I have posted in the review section many of Angel Custom's flaws and specification issues, the barrel I received was cut to spec and fit nicely in both my TM and Laylax AERO chambers (dual compatibility). The inner surface was rougher as expected than Laylax or PDI, but a bit of polishing provided improvement. Also note that the Angel Custom is 500mm in length, which in this case DOES provide accuracy improvement due to better cylinder volume to barrel length matching.

As stated, the bb rolls along the top of the barrel, and keeping it that way with smooth surface texture and proper hop up spin is crucial. Good bb choices, cleaning, hop up tuning, barrel polishing and buying from high quality companies are the most important factors to keep in mind. The test that I did with the Laylax 6.03 was with different setups and in earlier tests before my purchase of the PDI barrel as I mentioned in my above post, so testing circumstances were not constant and there could have been other factors manipulating accuracy.

I do agree with HS5's theory however that in theory, wider bores should result in greater accuracy. I should add though that in theory if an occasional bounce were to occur in a larger bored barrel, while less frequent than tighter bores, the offset on the bb will likely have a greater effect on the flight path. Really however, results have been negligible and proper tuning outweighed all else.

If you really wanted to test, I'd recommend a PDI 01 vs PDI 08 which would keep everything else constant.

Reactions: Hipsterwithagun

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a laylax 555mm 6.03 and couldn't be happier. Wierdly tho, just as marksoriental said, the inside inst as perfect as you may think... As posted by hs5.

@marksoriental: did you ever polish the laylax or did you sell it off? I'm debating whether or not to do it...as I don't know how the barrel will hold up/if it looses its finish. Also, did you polish the pdi?

·
Registered
249 Posts
The asg ultimate 6.03 554mm with 9ball bucking works wonders and is cheaper than laylax

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
491 Posts
sniper ghost, have you ever tried higher quality barrel like PDI as comparission? ;)
+ASG is a rebrand so propably they are using a cheaper chinese market barrel...

·
Registered
491 Posts
lonex isn't bad and it isn't good either... you just pay more for a lonex barrel with ASG lol:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help everyone! I have one more question, hybrid or non-hybrid barrel? Would a hybrid barrel work with standard lets say .36g bb's?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts