Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for something on the Net, and I tripped across this, Snipers Log book by voodoo tactical.

So I looked a bit more, and I found this Free Log page. While not as detailed as the RS Voodoo book, I thought, it comes closer to giving us Airsoft Snipers a format to record, and adjust our guns.

So I took a bit of time, and made a form similar to the last one, which changes a few details, and makes it 100% for airsoft. Inculding data for BB make and Weight, as well as FPS for the shot. In my form there are two sheets. One Human form and one 8 grid target. So that you can use it to record your guns performance. If you want that form, let me know, its in MS Word, and I would be happy to share it.

Additionally I found a link to Military paperwork forms, which include sniper shooting evaluation forms and more. These can be found Here.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its made to be on a 8 x 5 card. So its on a landscape 8.5x11 paper. when I have them printed and spiral bound, then Ill get it all squared away.

Give me some feedback on this, and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
How hard would it be to get it made out of a 3.5x4 note card? The kind your moms would put recipes on? Then have a small spiral put on it. Would make keeping it on you a lot easier. Or easier to tape to your stock.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the smaller format.

Take it to Kinkos and have them print it, and spiral bind it.

Also, if you laminate it, you can write on it with wet erase. Trust me use wet not dry erase. And you can have a couple of pages that you can use forever.

Combine that with the Sniper Range sheet from that military page I posted, and your good to go. A real deal snipers book.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
woogie said:
Hmm ..... Any way you could save it under something else? My Word has expired, and can't see anything

If it is what I am thinking.......should be a nice set.
You can download open office for free. It's just a freeware version of Microsoft Office, it can open/save in any Microsoft format as well as it's own format.

Also, you can get office 2010 through the Guard for $10. PM me if you're interested in that, and I'll try to find you the link and directions for it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is an Word Viewer program that you can download.

url]http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD001119753.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA001044981[/url]

I dont know if it will let you print. But you can look at the doc.

Ill take it home too and try to read it in Open Office on the home PC and let you know if that works or not.

Here is a pic of one of the pages of the Data Sheet.

the second page has a silhouette style target instead of the box. So you can use as needed per training.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Nice.

I may have to take this and tweek for more of a quick look sheet. But that is really nice though, may have to make up one of these as well as the small range card, to tape on the rifle.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It seems to open fine in Open Office. There are some lines and what not, that I dont know how they will print, but it seems to be ok, and everything seems at first glance to be in the right spot. SO Id give that a try if nothing else.

As to the quick look sheet, this is kinda a range performance record. SO you can record from one group to the next. Record where you were holding,. and where your shot landed. And if you have a Chrono, you can record the individual FPS of each shot as well. Lastly, you could pencil in Dimentions of the target so you would know the diveation of your shots at range.

I hope its helpfull to you guys.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Definitely a nice sheet to have. Maybe a copy could be posted as a pdf? You can't tweek a pdf in order to customize it, but it is workable as is.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ronin055 said:
I dont have the program that makes PDF files. Otherwise yes, I would do that.
I just tried this one out for starters, I can do the other one to if you would like. Just let me know.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ronin055 said:
Thats Awesome!

I sent you both files in an E-mail. This will make them super accessable for people.

Thank you very much for helping out.
Not a problem, here is the second format.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't mean to shoot the boat you guys are floating in, as those forms you made up are really good; however, I use, and like, the U.S. Army's "Snipers Data Card", form 5788-R, as well as "Observation Log", "Range Card", and "Military Sketch"; forms 5785-R, 5786-R, and 5787-R, respectively. A quick Google search will turn all these up.

I found these while reading through FM 23-10, or "Sniper Training", found here. Towards the end, it has a section called "Blank Forms" where you can find all this (and more!).

I keep copies of these forms, as well as handy nearby shooting lanes with distances, and a Mil-Dot card, all in my little black book were I record everything.

Just thought I'd share! Good job tho. I'm considering switching, but I already have a lot of '88s.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.