Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ssg10, and a tm vsr
I am trying to get the ssg10 to work properly, at this point i have a 20% or more even 50% probably, less fps than i'd expect
I have bought a scorpion weighted piston. Also a hopup mod, that pushes the rubber vertically
Two barrel lengths, 50cm and 30 sm.
Three springs. An m220, m180 and a rapax 2j+
The system doesn't lose air, i've taken it to an airsoft technician to check this, and it seems fine.
I've also tried the piston to the tm, on witch i have a trigger that can take the power of the springs
I tried every combination, every weight on the piston, included the system as it came from norvhich
At a point the gun was shooting fine, but now there is sth wrong, and i cannot imagine what.
Does anyone has any idea?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd try dropping the weight of the piston to 50-70g, cut the 500mm barrel down to 400mm and put that in, and go from there.
I have tried that too. Not 40cm barrel, but with 30 and 50. I tried various combinations of weights, from the lightest configuration to the heaviest.
And i have tested the gun as it came from the factory. In the configuration that was working some time ago.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Try the old piston and see what happens. Also are you greasing the cylinder? A dry cylinder can substantially drop fps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try the old piston and see what happens. Also are you greasing the cylinder? A dry cylinder can substantially drop fps.
I have tried the old piston. Every combination with the parts i've said
But i didn't try to grease the piston. I will try this tomorrow. Silicon spray will do? Or i need weapon oil? I have some somewhere, but maybe it's too much for that use?
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
VW Sharan
94 Posts
I have tried the old piston. Every combination with the parts i've said
But i didn't try to grease the piston. I will try this tomorrow. Silicon spray will do? Or i need weapon oil? I have some somewhere, but maybe it's too much for that use?
Thanks for the tip.
Silicone spray or oil will do some job, but the best lubricant for the piston head seals is the silicone+teflon grease. It will last times more shoots than oiled with the liquid lubricants . Not so long ago friend of mine gave me one of his replicas , just to try to revive it . It was stored for 12 years with no conservation job done before that . The piston head seal was hard as a rock and naturally no any compression . I've tried to find a correct size of o-ring but no success . Finally I've soak it in pure silicone liquid over the night. Early on the next day , I've cleaned thee cylinder apply very thin layer of silicone + teflon grease and add some on the head . And it's still shoots well for 20+ years old springer . Do not use any bearing lubricants on polymer or rubber surfaces 'cos you going to "cook" them .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Silicone spray or oil will do some job, but the best lubricant for the piston head seals is the silicone+teflon grease. It will last times more shoots than oiled with the liquid lubricants . Not so long ago friend of mine gave me one of his replicas , just to try to revive it . It was stored for 12 years with no conservation job done before that . The piston head seal was hard as a rock and naturally no any compression . I've tried to find a correct size of o-ring but no success . Finally I've soak it in pure silicone liquid over the night. Early on the next day , I've cleaned thee cylinder apply very thin layer of silicone + teflon grease and add some on the head . And it's still shoots well for 20+ years old springer . Do not use any bearing lubricants on polymer or rubber surfaces 'cos you going to "cook" them .
I love you. That was it. Didn't even think lubrication
560fps with m180 and 0.20,which is fine and about 400 with 0.46, which is awesome.
Thank you so much m8

·
Registered
VW Sharan
94 Posts
560fps with m180 and 0.20,which is fine and about 400 with 0.46, which is awesome.
Thank you so much m8
With 0.20 you've got almost 3.1 Joules and with 0.46 You're achieved good 3.5 Joules . That's not bad at all mate !
You can squeeze a bit more power out of your gun, but this will cost you shorter life of the "guts" . I think it is good enough if you are a gamer .
I am creating DMR monsters out of Simple assault replicas , and getting 5+ Joules out of a AEG systems . That's freaky , but I love to do it ;-)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thank you so much m8
Glad you figured it out. My favorite grease is tamiya cera grease. That stuff is the slickest out there. Highly recommended for your cylinder.

·
Registered
VW Sharan
94 Posts
Glad you figured it out. My favorite grease is tamiya cera grease. That stuff is the slickest out there. Highly recommended for your cylinder.
Tamiya and Traxxas are leaders worldwide in the High pro RC car models and especially with the electric cars . That's why they have top quality lubricants to face the extreme overloads of their models . My favorite bearings and metal parts grease is that line made by Stihl - # 1 brand for motor saws . And the favorite silicone grease and oil is by "IBM" Every polymer or rubber part of my replicas is treated with it ,an these parts lasts like...forever ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts