Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September 15

I had a thread alittle while back on my sniper loadout, but I have made some new changes and alot of new pictures. Comments are welcome.

First off, my bolt action rifle:

Upgrades:
-zero trigger (on the way!)
-prommy 6.03 barrel (499mm)
- pdi hop up chamber
- guarder soft bucking, prommy bucking, g&g bucking
-Laylax piston and accuracy cup
-laylax spring guide
-laylax cylinder head
-laylax sp130 spring (on the way)
-Leapers 3x9x40 scope
medium profile rings (debating whether to go with a set of high profile rings)
-Rubber bands

-Custom rifle wrap
-Tactical bipod (on the way!)
-guarder bolt handle
-Custom barrel spacers x2
-2 stock spacers

O, and she eats madbulls ;)

Bolty with my rifle wrap and veg: Its hidden :-*

Now for the ghillie and me (all pics taken are staged)

Those are the pics
Not a whole lot of veg on the ghillie but I did not have time for a full vegging ::)

Plans for future:
1. Install my zero trigger
2. Install sp130 laylax spring

Improvements I need to make:
1. Ditch the balaclava and put on some face paint (have it, just did not feel like putting it on now)
2. New paint job for winter
3. Guarder flash hider and polar star adapter
4. New bipod

Thanks

September 17

All pics are staged

Got the new bipod

Facepaint and ghillie shots

Bringing out the sidearm

November 1st (11/1/10)

Here are some new shots from today. Focused on the gear aspect, along with some pics of my new sidearm (retired the glock), and I squeezed in a few of my rifle. Enjoy!

First off, the gear.

Just need a blackhawk holster for my 1911, along with putting the pistol mag pouches on there (which I could not find today ??? ) and I will be good to go.

Next up, my fairly new sidearm. It needs some major work, and I have all winter to fix it up :)

Rifle...and rabbit

I spyzz a rabbitz

Look at this noob. Doesn't even know why he's seeing all black through the scope

Ghillie: Simple update, just a few patches. I wanted one with a rabbit on it, but Airsoftgi did not have any. :'(

WARNING: MUST KEEP EYE ON RABBIT WHEN OUT WITH GHILLIE

Look at the pants. They smell horrible now ::)

See a list of all my gear on page 2.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Very nice man.... I would agree needs some kind of paint on her..

She looks like a stock rifle, but I am sure she doesn't feel like it on the recieving end ;) She is a hidden beast.

Very nice and clean man.

!*!* 1,000 POST *!*!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man. And Congrats on the 1000th post! :)

Anyways, I agree. Needs a solid paintjob. I am leaning towards a tan and brown scheme for the fall setting. Thats on my to do list. And she will be a beast, but at the moment, she is just a bunch of parts collecting dust in my room ;)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
LOL ...

Yeah mine are in my basement collecting dust as well.

Go with a tan like I did on mine..... It works very well to be honest, with some burlap on it she should really pop.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I love your paint job. Looks like something that is almost universal for any environment.

As for the burlapl, I really want to get my hands on some. Would be a great base for adding the veg on top. Cause in games, sometimes the veg comes loose, gets in the way of the scope, etc. and I have to do a quick removal or reposition. Having the burlap as the base would be nice. Did you just use a burlap sack or did you find it at a store like Michaels? I checked home depot and they did not have it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
On my SPR I used a tan base, with LIGHT overcoats of OD and brown(applied in that order) to break up the silhouette. Haven't field tested it yet, but it sure looks BA.

One note of advice on your rifle there, is watch out for that black hole. In at least 2 of those pics your optics and barrel are both completely exposed. A rookie might not notice it in time, but any veteran airsofter could pick that out from across a field. Other then that, the whole thing is looking good.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments and advice.

Swat, I see what you mean there. That little end cap that is black sticks out a little. I meant to paint it but I had trouble finding it for awhile. And as for the optic, it really sticks out as well. My rifle wrap is alittle short in length, but that will be fixed with some burlap or something of the sort.

Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
What I like to do is go to your local hardware store and get a "sink guard'. It is a little square of very fine mesh. I paint this the same as the rifle, then form it over the end of the scope. You will be able to see through it, and it is a lot cheaper than getting a ARD. I think they usually sell for like $1.50 or cheaper.

Either that or get some of your moms, or girl friends, old pair of nylons.. You can use that as a really good ARD as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Or what you could do is make a birds nest, all you have to do is get some medium length grass and loosely put it inside the sunshade. As long as there is a hole about the size of a bb or bigger you should be able to see through, my testament to this is that I can see through/around my student I.D. card which my "friend" shot for no reason ??? leaving a pencil eraser sized hole right through the school emblem. Now I get funny looks whenever I try to go to a football game or a dance.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, october, I did that after the first set of pictures. It worked, but after awhile the grass and stuff would loosen up and would prevent me from being able to see through the scope as easily. I am going to give the nylon a try. Its simpler.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update! New stuff added. See bottom of the first post for the new pictures titled November 1st. I will get a list of everything together and will post it here soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
fuzzy,

I like low scope rings or as low as possible for any rifle. You did it right.

What low rings are you using? A good friend of mine just bought a Maruzen type 96 with pretty much the same upgrades as you. His rings are Med. size and he has the room to drop the scope a few mm's.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am using a low profile ring set. I have a medium, high, and low set, and by far the low ones are my favorite. I would suggest your friend get some low rings as they look really good compared to the higher rings. I got them off of shorty usa. They are low profile rings and sell for like 6 bucks. I would link it, but all links to shortyusa go straight to the homepage.

List of gear I meant to put up yesterday:
1. Ghillie headpiece, jacket, pants
2. Boots and gloves
3. All-Star Goggles
4. Face paint or balaclava
5. Radio and pouch
6. Grenade pouch x2 (for dummy grenades)
7. Glow sticks x 3
8. We 1911 x 5 mags/lanyard/magazine guard
9. MK96 w/ rifle wrap and Leapers 3x9x40 scope/low profile rings
10. Rifle wrap-depending on situation, stays in ammo pouch
11. Ammo pouch
12. Suppressor (in ammo pouch)
13. mk96 mags x 3-4 w/m4 pouch
14. Binoculars (for spotter)
Still need....
1. blackhawk holster
2. pistol pouch x3
3. Tac light for 1911
4. Hydration pouch
5. Patches with rabbits ::) I would love if someone could let me know if there are any available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome layout. I plan on gettin my first job soon, and most of the cash is gonna go to Airsoft. I have really been wantin one of thos 1911 pistols as a sidearm. I dont know why but I have always loved the way it looks.

1 - 20 of 268 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.