Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I'd first like to say that I am new to this forum and that this is my first post. I look forward to meeting all of you fellow airsoft snipers and I am excited to talk airsoft stuff with people that actually understand what I'm talking about.

My current airsoft sniping rig is a BBTac M62 spring powered sniper, and I run a Walther P30 beside it as a sidearm. My P30 is electric and works fine, but what I'm looking for is a Co2 powered 1911 or Glock 19/17. I don't really know any brands that make a reasonably priced and good quality sidearm. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Here are the options I suggest
Novritsch SSX23
Novritsch SSP18
Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa
Tokyo Marui 1911
KWA USP compact
And that's really about it, the other MK23 clones are either very expensive, or difficult to attain without paying more on shipping, lots of Glocks aren't very good as well as pistols in general.

A good old Hi-Capa will last quite a while while stock, and you can replace any part that breaks on it.
I would suggest that you watch the Hi-Capa videos that wyz2285 has made as they cover very important things regarding the Hi-Capa.

The MK23 is probably the most popular sniper sidearm, and for a good reason, they rarely suck.
The range and accuracy is better than some snipers you see, the sound is pretty quiet compared to most things, and they rarely wear out.
If something does break or wear out, Novritsch carries every part, and some other parts are also available.
I got mine last year and it did take some practice to get accustomed to the trigger, but now I can empty a mag as fast as a GBB while having decent hit rate, so I don't think I'm going to switch anytime soon.

Obviously there's other options, but these are what I consider to be the best choices.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
KJ Works Mk1 pistol is also good. Though to make it quiet, you will need a silencer. I used mine today to take out one hole squad of 6-7 in about 40 seconds. Quiet is good

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello & well come.
Good play, quiet weapons & proper concealment is sniper's god mode.
Get or make your weapons silent. Avoid detection at all costs or get "sprayed". Staying undetected is a tremendous advantage.
The quietest pistol, I've seen in fields I play so far, is my ssx23 with the silencer by far. Ssx23 without silencer is very noisy.
None of the players, I've shot so far with the ssx23, spotted me. And some of these players were at 10m-15m grouped together.
So get guns with very low noise level. Much more exp players already provided more options for you.
In case you don't want to do upgrades, then the ssx23 is a very good option with CO2 mags coming soon. In mine ssx were a few minor issues (slide jam, silencer's disc foams) that I fixed.
In general I am super satisfied by the performance, consistency, range, accuracy & the low level noise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Really depends on your style of play - as mentioned in the loadout thread a few of us carry AEGs as well for when it gets really messy. But Ideally, a silenced pistol is what you're looking for.

MK23 ($150ish) - TM and Nov (ssx23) is an out of the box solution. If you can find a clone they may require some upgrades.
Mk1 ($60ish) - Like 1tonne mentioned. These need a lot of work to get them on the level of Mk23 but then can be deadly. In fact, I have one coming soon - 17rd mags and the mags are CHEAP!

If you want something a bit different. The AAP-01 is a great pistol. Also the list silicone sword made above is great.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
The other good thing about a Mk1 or Mk23 is you only need to carry a couple of spare mags and do not have to carry gas. The reason for this is the mags hold enough gas that you can reload 2.5-3 times before you need to re-gas. So instead of carrying gas, I just have 2 spare MK1 mags. The Mk1 mags are a lot smaller than the Mk23 and so they don't take up space and they are lighter. The Mk23 does have a 28 round capacity though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts