Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

What bb weight do you run in your pistol sidearm?

• .20s, cheap junk

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • .48s, send it

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • .32s-.36s for a happy medium

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other, please comment

Votes: 5 38.5%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This poll is on my YT channel and I wanted more insight from ASF!! I think this is a very interesting discussion and am curious to know what you run and why!! I currently run .20s or .25s in my full auto beretta. Anything cheap and shitty really. But in my Kjw Mkii, I used .48s!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
It doesn't make sense to load a sidearm (pistol) with anything beyond .25. You don't need the range, you would likely be using it to clear rooms (so no outdoor elements), and most pistols by it's design nature can't hop heavier bbs

Reactions: Blind Sniper

·
Registered
647 Posts
I like .32s for my mk23. Mostly because there's a steep price jumo between .32 and .36

·
Registered
898 Posts
Answer will vary wildly based on the pistol and the intended purpose. Normal GBB (or a standard sidearm for that matter), I like anything between 0.25 to 0.32g. For the NBB, the sky is the limit, but we have to take into consideration what the intended use is. Most people who fling a 0.4 out of a NBB are over the limit for no MED which makes that pistol a primary at that point.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am currently running 0,32g in both of my pistols (I only carry one at a time). I think they are perfect for my Hicapa. It shoots them very consistent up to around 50meters at 1 Joule. For my SSX23 the 0,32g seem not ideal. They are spreading very wide. I am thinking about putting 0,36g or 0,40g in there.

I try to pick the Hicapa when I plan on entering buildings a lot, since the higher rate of fire and the sound of the gbb are doing well there. The SSX23 is better in the forest, where there are more twigs, leaves, larger engagement distances and silent shots give you the upper hand. However the ssx with the heavy bbs will be at a disadvantage in a building. Much lower rate of fire, smaller magazines and heavy BBs, which do hurt more and move slower on 10meter distances.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use 0.25gr bbs in both my pistols.
I use 0.25gr because I have them for close engagements and I want to cause as little "pain" as possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts