Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

What bb weight do you run in your pistol sidearm?

• .20s, cheap junk

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • .48s, send it

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • .32s-.36s for a happy medium

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Other, please comment

Votes: 10 40.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This poll is on my YT channel and I wanted more insight from ASF!! I think this is a very interesting discussion and am curious to know what you run and why!! I currently run .20s or .25s in my full auto beretta. Anything cheap and shitty really. But in my Kjw Mkii, I used .48s!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
It doesn't make sense to load a sidearm (pistol) with anything beyond .25. You don't need the range, you would likely be using it to clear rooms (so no outdoor elements), and most pistols by it's design nature can't hop heavier bbs

Reactions: Blind Sniper

·
Registered
932 Posts
Answer will vary wildly based on the pistol and the intended purpose. Normal GBB (or a standard sidearm for that matter), I like anything between 0.25 to 0.32g. For the NBB, the sky is the limit, but we have to take into consideration what the intended use is. Most people who fling a 0.4 out of a NBB are over the limit for no MED which makes that pistol a primary at that point.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am currently running 0,32g in both of my pistols (I only carry one at a time). I think they are perfect for my Hicapa. It shoots them very consistent up to around 50meters at 1 Joule. For my SSX23 the 0,32g seem not ideal. They are spreading very wide. I am thinking about putting 0,36g or 0,40g in there.

I try to pick the Hicapa when I plan on entering buildings a lot, since the higher rate of fire and the sound of the gbb are doing well there. The SSX23 is better in the forest, where there are more twigs, leaves, larger engagement distances and silent shots give you the upper hand. However the ssx with the heavy bbs will be at a disadvantage in a building. Much lower rate of fire, smaller magazines and heavy BBs, which do hurt more and move slower on 10meter distances.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I use 0.25gr bbs in both my pistols.
I use 0.25gr because I have them for close engagements and I want to cause as little "pain" as possible.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I run a cyma aep because half of the year here is below zero celcius.

Keep that bitch on full auto and spray .2 garbage to MED.
Thoughts on the upcoming Nov SSE18? I've never owned a full auto airsoft gun, and my old pistol has gone kaput. Was hoping it'd be released by now but nope. Tempted to go SSP18 but it'd be around 3x the price after extended magazines and the like.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
You really have to look at the range that you are gonna use it, since it'll only give you 25m on a good day at the most, while 60 can be done quite well with a decent GBB or NBB.
Rectangle Slope Line Font Plot

Idk what your MED for snipers is, but you want a cushion of 10-20m more range from your pistol than your MED, just in case.
Of course you can lob and maybe hit 35m, but at a magazine per player you had best get a MasterMike and $60 launcher and call it a day, or get the
TM Hi-Capa
TM Hi-Capa Xtreme.45
Army Armament R series
SSX/MK23
ASG/KJW MK1/MK2
KJW Hi-Capa
ASG CZ-P09
That USP negative airsoft likes
And that's about it, most everything else is either bad or there's no upgrade parts, or it's too much money like a Tokyo Marui MK23 purchased from somebody in the US, plus $150 of shit from Skirmshop, plus $150 of mags, pouches, and an expensive holster.
May as well get the SSX with better parts in it and save a fat stack.

·
Registered
531 Posts
@Blind Sniper

You didn't own any .32 by default? Do you use AEGs? ... .43/.45 on AEGs?! Big baller here!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had a very small baggy of .32s that I would use to chrono before games/ops depending on the field. But today my BLS .32s should be here!! I ONLY snipe, and have .48s and .20s. That’s it lol. Besides pistols for a side arm, my only non sniper is my hpa tommy gun. It’s finally in GOOD working order but my friends Saw is down so he’s been using that. I’ll try and get one good game in with it but I’ll miss sniping lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts