Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

What bb weight do you run in your pistol sidearm?

• .20s, cheap junk

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • .48s, send it

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • .32s-.36s for a happy medium

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Other, please comment

Votes: 8 38.1%
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Whats upbwith bb weight limits? Glad my local fields dont try to tell me how to live my life. Still, mostly .28's for my 1911
Their point is to make it more of an rpg experience than just a shoot-out and make room for variation in replicas.

There is little point in bringing a sniper rifle, when you can bring a tricked out AEG that can shoot just as far. Little point in bringing a 25 pound mg42, when a stubby m4 can throw BBs up the field at the same rate.

So rifles are limited to .30. DMRs of 7.62 or higher are allowed .40. BASRs have no limits and SMGs under 1J are allowed burst fire and LMGs are granted full auto cover fire, but are limited to .25s.

The most useful and versatile gun is still the rifle, but every replica has its role.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Their point is to make it more of an rpg experience than just a shoot-out and make room for variation in replicas.

There is little point in bringing a sniper rifle, when you can bring a tricked out AEG that can shoot just as far. Little point in bringing a 25 pound mg42, when a stubby m4 can throw BBs up the field at the same rate.

So rifles are limited to .30. DMRs of 7.62 or higher are allowed .40. BASRs have no limits and SMGs under 1J are allowed burst fire and LMGs are granted full auto cover fire, but are limited to .25s.

The most useful and versatile gun is still the rifle, but every replica has its role.
I guess...They still have joule limits in place to distinguish classes. I love that its not like paintball where everyone has essentially the same gun. But I thought bb weight was kinda limited by power anyway, so a 1J pistol would spit a .45 very far. Never tried tho. Still when my big tarded six shooter gets here I'm loading that puppy up with .45's

·
Registered
14 Posts
I guess...They still have joule limits in place to distinguish classes. I love that its not like paintball where everyone has essentially the same gun. But I thought bb weight was kinda limited by power anyway, so a 1J pistol would spit a .45 very far. Never tried tho. Still when my big tarded six shooter gets here I'm loading that puppy up with .45's
My 1J pistol shoots .30s 60 meters. Range/Precision is more an effect of the hop system and BB weight, less so the energy from the gun. Hence the limit on BB weights on the ‘fast’ guns.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts