Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is my idea.

Its a reuseable airsoft sniper target made of fabric like a bed sheet. About 4ft wide, and 6ft tall.

Its made of fabric and is two colors. One color is the base or main color and the other is a solid silouette of a person.

The target would have Gromets or ties at six points, the corners and the middle on each side.

You would suspend the target inside a frame and set it at range. Then you would be able to see a slight dimple when your bb hit it.

So, What do you think?

I got the idea when I was shooting at a trashbag at about 230ft and could see the white of the bb against the black of the bag, and then the dimple for exact point of impact.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use a sticky board, the kind you get with the cheap walmart pistols. It works up to about 50 yards, then the board is to small to get a good read with it. After that range I use a black paper with a flash light behind it, it sounds dumb but it works( for the reason of, I only have a chance to sight my scope in near dusk and it helps).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Na that doesnt sound silly at all.

I use a maniquin torso at 200ft to sight in. But its dependant on tracking the bbs impact point. I want to be able to have the target tell me where the impact point is.

Sometimes my wife does "spotter" duty and watches for the impact point as well.

This way, the target will dimple and allow for an easier read.

·
Registered
445 Posts
82dcustomer said:
I use a big Aluminum turkey pan. It is about the size of a chest cavity, makes sound when hit, and makes a dimple or hole depending on weight of bb/fps of SWS.
Lol, I never thought about that, I have tried aluminum foil but its to soft, it takes one or two shoots then rips from the wind.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like a great idea mate ;) I personally use a Master Chief - halo brand - Life size display, I picked it up from Gamestop for only 15 dollars after the pre-orders were done. Its six feet tall, and has the looks and sizes of a tall human. I also drew a little Hitler stash on him for sh*ts and gigs :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
sounguru said:
Ronin055 said:
at 200ft ?
Yes it is the size of my Torso and when the Bb hits the black paper I can see where it penetrated using binoculars...
lol, I dont need bino's, I have a 4-16 on my rifle. But on a serious note, at 200ft there ae to many variables that come in to play, that its almost not worth trying to sight it that far.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ronin055 said:
Actually 200ft is my sweet spot. Im currently working in the 240ft range with my ASR.
Ya, well I guess I have no need to sight to 200ft because the fields I play on are only 200ft and under. Unless I play at my friends ranch, but there's always to much wind to make distance shots on a stock spring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.