Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of mouth protection do you use? Why? Im currently using just a balaclava and im worried about still breaking my teeth. I just bought a Blackbear shadow mask -mouth protection but I feel its pretty uncomfortable and it probably wont fit well with my goggles (not at home so can't test).

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I use a shemagh for protection.
Reasons for this:
*I cannot get on with full or half face masks as they either move about and stop me from sighting my rifle or they are too tight and stop me from sighting my rifle.
*no protection is dangerous. :[

I find that if you use a shemagh and have it layered four times infront of your mouth gives a good amount of protection and remains comfortable.I also add camo face paint around my eye area to aid concealment.

Its worth noting that It can be said that concealment is your best protection. If you are not concealed well and pick fights when you should'nt, you asking for trouble. If your concealment and field craft is up to scratch then you shoud'nt be getting shot at much at all.
(this is definately true if you live in a country where snipers can have further range than a standard AEG. In Ireland, we have a 1 joule (328fps) limit so snipers and AEGs have the same range and still I don't get shot at much because of my concealment.)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
(this is definately true if you live in a country where snipers can have further range than a standard AEG. In Ireland, we have a 1 joule (328fps) limit so snipers and AEGs have the same range and still I don't get shot at much because of my concealment.)
Since we already have a thread about this and I already posted my input I will get right to the point; I can't believe you just said Bush. After all the posts littering the forum about how fps doesn't matter and the somewhat recently discussed topic of how 300fps is actually the optimal fps for accuracy at range I don't know why you would say range and accuracy are dependent on fps. All a higher fps does is make the bb get to the target faster and makes the bb less stable.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Velocity is not the tool, but the energy behind the velocity. If you put the same energy into a heavier ball, it will go farther. Since velocity is a function of energy, it is a handy marker and standard.

Bushmaster was also talking about the Joules (and the speed on the 0.20 standard), so he has said nothing wrong.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You are right, sorry I didn't mean to come out rude on that last post. I could be wrong but as long as you have a stable flight path and the hopup was applied correctly, I would think the bb would still have that extra range, just not as much as with higher joules.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.