Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have played in a number of night games and know them fairly well but I thought I would see if anyone else here has some good experience and could give some friendly advice.

I have a game coming up this Saturday(3/24) and any tips and tricks you all know would be much appreciated!! :) Lets see what we can bring together here!

Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Be very quiet, listen to your surroundings. Use sound to judge the wind.

Make sure none of your gear rattles.

Ive found fighting uphill actually works well at night because the enemies are silhouetted against the sky - remember the sky is typically lighter than the ground and camouflage is designed for the ground, not the sky.

And always remember that if you can wait out an opponent you will typically do well, day or night.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I found that using background light such as the sky to contrast outlines out is very helpful and makes spotting enemies and movement a lot easier.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Don't look directly where you are wanting to look.... use your Peripheral vision. Due to the make up of the eye, you can see better with your peripheral vision than you do with your straight on vision.

Use your ears, as much as you can..as well as some of your other senses.

It can take some getting use to but if you can figure out "your way" of night sniping then you will be good to go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an illuminated scope that works ok, but only to actually see the crosshairs. It really helps when they are idiots and use flashlights...then you just look for the light.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Need a flashlight for your night games? I would consider an ACR Firefly Plus, for about $25.00. Why? It comes with a rescue strobe light as well. If you ever wanted (or needed) to bug out of a hot position, one (or more) of these tossed about 10 - 15 ft. out towards the enemy in the dark of night, will: Ruin their night vision (artificial or natural). Throw off their aim, pulsing about 40 - 60 bursts a minute. I bought mine primarily for kayaking, but like the old saying goes "Any port in a storm!". If you are former military, you probably handled it's big brothers in the Firefly series. They (with a slight modification) can make a nice perimeter sentry. One of these dropped into a heavily defended bunker can really rattle the opposition too! Oh, and it is a floating, waterproof flashlight too. Enjoy!

·
Registered
951 Posts
IR spill (red glow of IR lights) can be counteracted with old camera film. It acts as an IR filter. (Do note, this causes some loss in light)

I made a Nightvision binocular headmount for 60 dollars. Bought an old 1x nvg from a collector, and modded it for a PVS headmount. Along with adding rails for a 3w IR LED light and i''m all set to go. Quality is a bit shabby though, but it works well enough.

Also gonna see if i can mod my monocular nvg to be an Add on to the rifle scope. Takes some lens modification and such though...

Oh and vanaras has some nice IR lasers with focus. These can be set to flood, for long range illumination

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Make sure not to look at any lights. It will ruin night vision and will take at least 20 minutes to fully restore. Also about that peripheral vision thing, the explanation is your eyes have things called cones and rods in them. The cones detect large amounts of light and color in high detail. The rods detect low levels of light and not much color. The cones are clustered around your center of view, for high detail colors. There are very few rods at your center of view but there are a lot around it. A bit off topic but it needed an explanation.

·
Registered
158 Posts
For $400 you can buy a night vision scope off amazon :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.