Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Sniping from a building? Points of Interest

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  woogie 
#1 ·
I am going to be going to MOUT airsoft field soon. My cousin from Oregon told me about it and invited me over to go play. I needed some advice on how I will be covering myself, watching me rear, and how to effectively hide myself from the enemies eyes.

I am NOT going to have a spotter. Should a use an AEG or just roll light with a pistol as my secondary? Lastly, What color should my BDU be?

I apologize for these questions, but this will be my first time playing actual MOUT.

#3 ·
How big is the CQB area?

Is it going to be in one building? Or are you going to be going from one building to another?

If you are staying in one building, I would run an AEG and a pistol, or a shot gun.

If you are going from building to building, I would look at making your sniper rifle as small as possible, and carry a small AEG as a back up.

As for what you should wear.... like crow said, wear what others are wearing. You don't want to stand out at all. If the lights are going to be off and you will be playing in the shadows, I would find an outfit that is all black. That way you can keep to the shadows.

#4 ·
The Field is on 8 acres of land. There are many buildings, there is a small field like place there though. I was planning on staying in a small building that is very unnoticable from plain sight. It's rear is guarded by the boundaries and the frontside overlooks the field. But that leaves me to guard both my left, right and my front. We are going to be playing 3 rounds of Elimination in the daylight and a game of V.I.P. Then at night we will be playing 3 games of Elimination and a game of Bombsite.

#8 ·
woogie said:
As for what you should wear.... like crow said, wear what others are wearing. You don't want to stand out at all. If the lights are going to be off and you will be playing in the shadows, I would find an outfit that is all black. That way you can keep to the shadows.
Woogie, why would you use black? The natural darkness will make any colour dark anyways, so when you are wearing black, you become even darker than the surroundings and then stick out... Always use the colours of your environment. If the building is grey, wear grey. You would still wear a green ghillie in the woods at night, right? ;)

#9 ·
2Echo said:
woogie said:
Woogie, why would you use black? The natural darkness will make any colour dark anyways, so when you are wearing black, you become even darker than the surroundings and then stick out... Always use the colours of your environment. If the building is grey, wear grey. You would still wear a green ghillie in the woods at night, right? ;)
Yes you dont need black but you dont shot out of a window, you shot trough it from the safety of 4-5 feet from the window. At that point the shadows will hide you better if you have black on.

But at the same time if you leave the house you will stick out alot.

#10 ·
Well, this is very small margins we are talking about here, but black is the color who reflects a minimum of light, and this will create a silhouette-effect. As for me, I would have used gray, or just regular camouflage as this will resemble your background the most.

#11 ·
I play a lot of night games, and when someone wears black they are easily spotted because they become a huge black spot, which stands out from the enviroment. Even when hiding in shadows, or behind a bush. Black would stand out even more during daytime because shadows are lighter than at night (yes shadows excist at night, think starlight etc.)
I've hit people from 40 meters in the dead of night, because their clothing was darker then where they were hiding.

#13 ·
2Echo said:
Thank you, Pvt! Conclusion: Never wear black... Never
I wouldn't say never, where I live were there are no star light, and when there is no moon. It is pitch black, but yes if your standing and silhouetting your self then no mater what color you wear you will be seen. That's why snipers learn to walk, then crawl.

Plus if you play with really hardcore guys, like some of the ones I do, they use there US issued NVGs so it wont matter what color you wear, they WILL find you.

P.S. 300th post!!!! Stop posting things Fuzzy so I can catch up to you.

#15 ·
Well my friend was a no show. I wasn't going to bring this thread back up but you guys did so I guess I'll try and keep it going. Would this blend into shadows okay? Or would I want to paint it.

I'm possibly ordering a CYMA M14 next week. Score! And I would like to know if I should paint it this color if I'm going to be using it in Cqb. Does paint rally matter in Cqb.

#19 ·
if you are going to be in large buildings I would rig up some early warning devices and place them at the entry points, I have found that a mouse trap, fishing wire, and a cap gun cap works very well. It will let you know when someone is coming up on you. And plant more than one just in case. for the rifle just wrap some darker colored cloth around it to break up the outline. and subdue the lighter tones of it.

#21 ·
I am not saying wear jet black ;) You are going to want to wear a darker shade though...

If you are inside the buildings then you should have no problems with the color.... think of it as if you were sitting in a turkey blind ;) The inside of the blind is dark, so if you wear darker shades it is really hard to see inside. Same thing can be said about the inside of a non powered building.

Though yes, while you are outside, you may stick out a bit, but that just means that you are going to have to go slow and plan out where you are going to move every step of the way. It can be done, because I have done it with great success.

Just have to be mindful of your surroundings at all times, as one false move can screw you big time!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.