Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Snow Wolf/Javelin M24 Build help!

19257 Views 32 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Novritsch_wannabe
EDITED:
Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new to the airsoft world and am starting out with a sniper rifle
I have plans of upgrading the gun once I receive it as planned (in order)

EDIT: This seems to be my final build guide
- Snow Wolf M24 = $130
- PDI Snow Wolf M24 Hopup Chamber ~ $85 shipped
- Falcon Snow Wolf M24 silencer adaptor = $22
- 140mm Silencer = $16 shipped
- ASGI 3-4x40 Scope = $19
- Systema Hop up bucking = $6
- Madbull 6.03mm TBB = $30
- Modify 7mm Spring Guide = $20
- King Arms Reinforced APS2 Piston = $33
- Guarder Piston Head = $10
- Laylax 150sp Spring = $18
Total: ~$389

Not gonna replace these sears until the stock ones wear out:
- Laylax PSS2 Trigger Sear = $20
- Laylax PSS2 Piston Sear = $33
Total: ~$442

Is it essential to replace the stock cylinder/cylinder head? Because I am having a hard time finding one for this gun, maybe due to just being a newbie and not looking in the right places-_-

I do have a budget of around +/- $400 so money is a big factor:/

Please, any and all advice/comments are accepted!

Thanks!
See less See more
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Yes I saw your photo album. Very impressive collection you have.
I have experience mostly on gas rifles, I also like working on them, the CA it's good but somethings I really don't like them... Like the one piece receiver - barrel, if you bent it you're screwed! Trust me I've seen some sniper rifle with bend barrels, in most cases this happened during a night game and once a guy tripped on the wire of a trap and landed on his L96!!
Also the hop up really sucks! I'm almost ready to order a PDI today... It will depend how the testing will go!

Wolf
Mods, I believe that I will be moving to the CA M24 gun now so I guess this thread is no longer needed for me. Unless other people who are interested in the SW/JGW M24 find my possible build of some use, I guess this can be deleted for now?:p

EDIT: I am getting the SW M24:p
Having had owned and upgraded a snow wolf m24 I cansay without a shadow of a doubt the aps2 chambers do not fit. I had a pdi chamber and it did not fit at all. not wide enough. I sold mine due to lack of GOOD barrel/hop upgrades. Now that pdi makes a sw m24 chamber I may buy it back.
Schultz98's info is pretty good stuff. It turns out I already wasted some money from buying parts that weren't compatible (as I was told they would be) with the M24; so thanks to schultz for having first hand experience with the gun and giving advice.

I also updated my build on my first post, pretty sure that that will be my last update.
Schultz98's info is pretty good stuff. It turns out I already wasted some money from buying parts that weren't compatible (as I was told they would be) with the M24; so thanks to schultz for having first hand experience with the gun and giving advice.

I also updated my build on my first post, pretty sure that that will be my last update.
coincidentally I happen to have learned the hard way with a lot of this, and everyone wins! Including myself, I sold it for a good price to get my type 97b, now may buy it back for half what I sold it!
Buy back as in the same rifle you sold?:O I'm wondering, how did the gun handle the 190 spring with stock sears?
Buy back as in the same rifle you sold?:O I'm wondering, how did the gun handle the 190 spring with stock sears?
As long as I owned it it held out, the kid I sold it to broke it. Seeing as I do aeg work for hire, Fixing something as simple as a trigger box should be nothing. It shot 578fps consistantly. Chronoed 578.1, 578.8 and 578.5 in a 3 shot string. Just the lack of competent hop/barrel upgrades rendered the gun useless at the time. My attempt to mod an aps2 pdi chamber failed so I sold off the hop and promy barrel and then the gun itself. Idk why I want it back as Ive never seen anything come close to matching my real sword svd in range and accuracy, I guess I just miss the bolt gun feel.
Does anyone know about the Madbull Black Python barrel quality? I've been reading about it being great at first, then the insides start to chip like crazy = ruining accuracy even with intensive cleaning. Currently (as replacements) I'm looking at these two.
Systema 6.04mm TBB
ASGI 6.03mm TBB
Before immediately saying "AVOID ASGI BARRELS," like I was gonna do, after reading the reviews of that item, it is 5 stars and all positive with no cons. I am convinced it is of decent quality.
As a tech, I have worked on a few guns that had the madbulls, I own one and also own a systema 6.04. The madbulls are a good "replacement" barrel, meaning if by any chance you have rendered your stock barrel useless and can't afford to upgrade to the golden 2 I will mention later in my post, its good to use as an acceptable replacement for a stock barrel. As I assume you are speaking about upgrading a spring sniper rifle, this part(the barrel) along with the hop up chamber/bucking/nub is the most important part of your rifle, if you aren't going to put the good stuff into this area you might as well not even build the gun.

Onto the systema barrel. I have been running a systema 6.04 in my ak74m for a few years and it has worked great for me, however I was told by someone at one point that systema either no longer made them of the same quality, or outsourced or possible both since like 2007 or something. I can not confirm nor deny this as Mine is most definitely the older ones. If somone can confirm this or not that would be helpful. Question is, is it a good barrel? Mine is accurate, but not sure if I would put it in a bolt gun. Even with a nicely broken in hop up rubber with a pen tube nub it still doesn't have a tight enough grouping that I would be satisfied with as a sniper rifle semi or bolt.

Onto Asgi barrels, no.

The reason it probably has good reviews and such is keep in mind who are more likely to leave reviews on a site like ASGI, most likely younger players who do not have as much experience and had someone (like me!) to install it. Most kids like this get almost a placebo effect, or just can't actually tell if it is shooting any better and just because they spent money, they will claim the new one is that much better than stock. Most more advanced players will do reviews for aftermarket parts and guns on 3rd party sites like this, so I would recommend looking for reviews on forums that do not affiliate directly with any manufacturer or store to avoid ass kissery.

Also asgi barrels literally have AirsoftGI's name on it, it is a product they have made to sell under their brand name. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they sensor their reviews for it and delete bad ones.

In conclusion, my recommendation would be to save your money a little bit longer, and pay the money for a Prometheus 6.03 or a pdi raven 6.01(If money wasn't a factor I would recommend the normal Pdi stainless barrels, but hey, I can not even afford their svd barrel at this time either). I would lean more toward the promy 6.03, they shoot darts if conjoined with a nicely set up hop. Also I happen to get my promy from airsoft extreme, they seem to have a lot of them in stock in varying sizes. For the m24 the "m16 length" 509mm is the best length to get, I had to settle with a 534 sig 550 barrel which was like 2 inches too long for my m24's external barrel.
See less See more
Reactions: 1
So I received the gun today. I'm a bit confused:p First of all, the gun came in a typical styro-cardboard box but with no stickering/brand on the box. It came with Snow Wolf BB's and a Snow Wolf Manual, but the sling mounts of the stock are not the little circle-poops, but the regular type. Along with this, it also came with a silencer adapter.:O It has the mag issue of it sticking out a bit at one end as well as having a 90 degree sear but I'm a bit confused. haha
EDIT: I was able to get it off using a rubber glove wrapped around the tip and 5 minutes of trying to loosen it up. haha

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to remove the muzzle cap? I already took the orange tip off, but I can't get the black muzzle cap off to install the adapter.

I have boiled the tip, and tried to use pliers, but there isn't enough sticking out to grab.
I have the snow wolf m24 and out of the box it shoots very well, but I still want it to shoot a tad straighter and I wanted r-hop. Mind you I have only the most basic idea of what it is, and have no idea on the brand to buy or even the slightest idea on how to install it. If you could help me in any way I would greatly appreciate it
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.