Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not say that I am going to buy it, however, I would rather pay $140 instead of $175 if the quality is the same. But I do like the M28.

I might get it, I might not. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it before making a decision.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tex, have you had any experience (used one/worked on one) with this rifle? :-/

I'm not saying that you dont know what you are talking about, but what do you mean by JG garbage?

Is it truly the same old JG (litterally JG), or is it another company?

Thanks,
Josh

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Tex knows his stuff, and JG puts its name under several brands including ECHO 1. So from what he has said, yes it is the same. Even if he has no experience with this rifle in particular, several of the concepts relating to "clone" rifles can be compared to here.

His post is similar to the point which I made in PM. The extremely high FPS output makes me think the trigger box will give out rather quickly. Just like other JG rifles. This applies to other clones out there as well. Therefore, that is the thing that concerns me the most. Even though the Review on the website you have linked states the box is reinforced, this means very little, as it could very well be a person from the company just looking to sell some dough.

Seeing as I am not sure 100% which parts work with this rifle, you would be better off going with something more well known, with a variety of upgrade/replacement parts such as a UTG/Bar 10. Now keep in mind these are clones, and in "stock" form, these are not the best. Their parts are cheap, and break easy. However, the availability of upgrade parts make them worth buying. If you have more money right off the bat, and do not plan to upgrade for some time, a TM VSR 10 would be right for you.

After the last few days of thinking about this, I have come to a few concluding statements.

1. I would not risk buying something so new to the market, which is most likely just another "clone".
2. The lack of knowledge that anyone has on this rifle makes it difficult to...
-upgrade
-Dissemble/Assemble
3. There are other rifles out there that can perform extremely well, and are recommended. I suggest going with one of them instead.

Hope this helps some. I feel like I have given you more info than I did PM. Just needed some time to think it all out. ;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
As far as I can tell it is a echo 1 M28 clone minus some goodies, also if you are going to get a m28 spend the extra $35 not for a name but rather quality.

This one looks like it comes with one mag and a speed loader, were the echo 1 comes with 2 mags a haris style bipod, silencer adapter and it already as upgrade part readily available for it.

What this comes down to, is basically what every one does with L96, you can get a mazuran for $300 or you can get a utg for $150 and spend the money you save to buy upgrades. Seeing as its only a $35 difference and with the snow wolf you still have to pay shipping on it, I would get the echo1 and from this site http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7404 .

·
Registered
84 Posts
I own the Echo 1 M28, won it in a giveaway. Assuming this is the same thing minus some of the extras, you should know that it is not very friendly to a lot of VSR parts. Here's a general rundown:

To start off, the cylinder is longer. This means that aftermarket cylinders are a no-go. Because of the length, the piston is longer in order to be able to engage the sears. Unfortunately, VSR pistons are too short to work to be able to engage. The cylinder also has a slightly narrower inner diameter than the TM VSR, it's more like the Well MB02/3 and PDI cylinders. TM spec pistons such as the Laylax will fit with the guide rings sanded down, PDI pistons fit as is. But you still have to mount some sort of spacer/extension to the front in order to use it. Also, the aftermarket cylinder heads should not be used because they won't screw on all the way; the threaded portion of the M28 cylinder head is longer. I was able to use a TM spec spring guide, although I do not recall what brand it was.

The trigger mech internals are TM compatible. That at least means the weak zinc-alloy sears can go. TM trigger boxes can be used, but only if you remove the little protrusion that the trigger guard attaches to. Zero-triggers and M-triggers will NOT fit. I haven't personally tried the PDI V-trigger, but I know someone on ASR was able to use one in his. I assume the trigger guard protrusion had to be removed from that as well.

The barrel has the same hop-up cut as the VSR, but it is longer, 515mm if I remember correctly. The hop-up bucking is TM compatible, as are the arm and sliding parts. The chamber itself is NOT compatible, the inner diameter of the outer barrel is much too narrow for a TM chamber to fit.

So basically it's workable if you put in the time. But personally, I'd suggest something different to avoid many hassles. If you want a VSR-ish rifle for relatively cheap to start with, find a JG Bar-10 and upgrade it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
+1dhm078
what he said is 100% true. id like to add that these guns(echo 1 m28) have a slam fire issue going on. People are using them and after some time with moderate use they start slam firing. This is due to a plastic piston and spring guide and a low quality trigger that is super loose. I bought one used that was said to have 150 rounds through it and i only got another 30 before it slam fired. However i sold that one and bought one new and so far no problems with slam fire. took a while for the hop up to break in though all over the place tell it does. I have shot 150ish shots out of mine with no slam fire. however the bolt that holds the cocking bolt together came loose but i tightened it and no problems sense. For refrence i have done nothing to my new gun to avoid ruining the warrenty, i mean nothing not even remove the organe tip, Ill update with more info if problems come up

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
diesel said:
+1dhm078
what he said is 100% true. id like to add that these guns(echo 1 m28) have a slam fire issue going on. People are using them and after some time with moderate use they start slam firing. This is due to a plastic piston and spring guide and a low quality trigger that is super loose. I bought one used that was said to have 150 rounds through it and i only got another 30 before it slam fired. However i sold that one and bought one new and so far no problems with slam fire. took a while for the hop up to break in though all over the place tell it does. I have shot 150ish shots out of mine with no slam fire. however the bolt that holds the cocking bolt together came loose but i tightened it and no problems sense. For refrence i have done nothing to my new gun to avoid ruining the warrenty, i mean nothing not even remove the organe tip, Ill update with more info if problems come up
Just went through this with you in the other thread, so in short, start posting to higher standards.

You are typing like a five year old.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd be more inclined to blame the pot-metal sears than the piston for the slam firing issue. That thing gave me 515fps right out of the box, with zero work on the compression (cylinder compression was actually excellent, passed the "minute test" easily, but there is an absurd amount of blow-by at the hop-up). Considering that that spring could potentially give around 530-540fps with the compression entirely, it's no wonder the pot-metal piston sear doesn't like to hold up. I don't think I trust the piston a whole lot with it either, but I expect the piston sear to go first. I put an Element M125 spring in it to improve its longevity until I can get better sears, which required some sanding down of the spring guide because the element spring had an ever so slightly narrower inner diameter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.