Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

So I'm gonna install a R-Hop, but I have a question

6K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Masterjuggler98 
#1 ·
Do I need to cut the arms off of my hop-up arm, or do I just leave it how it is?

#4 ·
the TDC is really for anything, even rifles that are normally fixed hop-ups. as for that hop-up arm, I believe yes you want to remove the nubs so you can get a more even pressure. I however mostly work on gas rifles and am not that familiar with it so i would wait for one of the spring rifle users to chime in and confirm/deny.

#7 ·
I am not very familiar with l96 chambers but I suggest you do remove that nub and replace it with some nerf dart foam to use as a soft nub. There was a thread on that recently somewhere. You want the nerf dart foam nub to be about the same size as your barrel hop window, because that's going to be the size of the r-hop. You should also turn the hopup completely off after every time you use it to avoid the foam permanently compressing. The nerf dart foam is very soft ans squishy so even though harder rubbers won't compress, you want the softness of the foam.

Basically take a bit of of the nerf dart foam, roll it into a cylinder like shape which was suggested to me by Cheese, and super glue it to the space your nub was in previously.

By the way, as Solaris said, the TDC mod is a good idea to have. It is not required, but it will give you much finer adjustment of the arm to tune the r-hop perfectly. There is a link to a guide I made on it in my sig.

#9 ·
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Like in the photo you have there, the nub should be attached to the arm. You take the stock nub off via file, saw, sandpaper, or anything that you can use to cut it to length. Then you glue the new nub to the same place the stock nub was.

#10 · (Edited)
I've never seen a picture of a hopup with the nub attached so I don't know where it goes. The way people word it make it seem like it you glue it to the bucking, but I'm thinking you glue it to the hop-up arm. Right?

And in every video I watch of people taking apart their L96 Hop-Ups, they never mention a hop-up nub. So basically I'm just extremely confused as to where the nub goes, if I even need one, do I have to modify the arm to use one, etc etc.

Example Video:

#14 ·
Eraser rubber is about the hardest material you should be using for a nub with an r-hop. I found the softer the material, like nerf dart foam, the better. Just make sure to turn off the hopup after every use because even something like eraser foam will deform eventually and stay compressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.