Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would throw it out there,

But i am trading in my ARES AW-338 for one of these beasts.

I have quite a few plans for this gun. (one of them being that the gun will be signed buy one of the leaders at jag precision
)

Another thing is that i am going to try to play around with
some amplifying methods and make this dogs bark as harsh as
its bite.

One last thing is that i have some freinds in the movie buisness and
we are thinking about using a method that movie makers use
to give weapons in movies muzzle flash.

WE are then going to try to apply this to my rifle and get some nice electric ignited muzzle flash.

Comments, ideas, tips etc are all welcome so fire away!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thing looks monsterous........ According to Airsoft Gi it is 26 pounds with a scope, bipod, and 9.6v battery! But comes with a madbull tightbore barrel! Have fun with this thing brother, but hit the gym!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
My VSR10 with a silencer attached is still 5" shorter than this gun...and it should be fun to lug around. And people complain about how heavy SAWs are...hell, this gun is a little less than three times heavier than my G3-SG/1...or twice as heavy as my Tanaka M700 AICS...

Is SOCOM gear the Echo1 rebrand? I know E1 was looking to make a Barrett, but I don't know if this is it or if we're all of a sudden going to have some .50 options besides custom or the VFCs.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was more talking about my expectations as to how it will perform. A glorified, double-weight AEG that will take some serious tinkering to make it shoot decently isn't my idea of a good sniper rifle.

But honestly I don't know much about Barrett airsoft rifles, so I could be way off the mark. That's just the impression I've gotten from the other post we have on here about it.

For theatrics and just flat out awesomeness, this looks interesting. I have faith that you have the skills to fiddle until this performs on par to other DMRs...there are just better options out there for performance, in my opinion. ;)

Although airsoft barretts as a rule are usually priced pretty insanely and are hard to find. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.